New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I bought the sorento because i only need a 5 seater, comfortable ride, powerful engine, roomy cabin. The bells and whistles of the sta fe are nice to have but i hv survived driving in baguio and sagada with an older car without even needing hill assist or descent. Nice to have the start button but what if that conks out at the most unfortunate time.

Thus the sorento fits my practical needs. What do i need to upgrade ? Possibly a HU which would probably cost 30-40k.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I also need a 7 seater vehicle. Either way, kahit sorento or santa fe, almost identical naman yan. Magkakatalo na lang yan sa service. Ako walang problema sa service ng hyundai at kia.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hill assist? descent? kung aakyat ka ng pinatubo would you use your SF or sorento? di naman di ba, so wat da fak for yung mga features na yun on a softroader? kung mago-offroad ka you get a vehicle with a manual 4x4, like a lc70. not one with an a/t. also, if you are going to take your vehicle in such a situation, won't it be better you first learn how to do it without any electronics to assist you? like learning to do it with just your instincts controlling your feet? and in the process know what is possible and not?

naalala ko tuloy some years back may nag-post dito (o sa kotse.com?) na lalaban daw siya ng pustahan with his ride, karera to pinatubo. his car, a honda crv hehehe! fanboi!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anyway, it all boils down to what you want and what you can afford. if you think you need a 7 seater, then both the SF and sorento have 7-seater models. if you only need a 5-seater then the sorento fits the bill. if you want all those gizmos and do not consider the possibility of them going wrong a worry, then go for the high-end models. (di ba may mga sf and sorento na nagloloko yung start button? just imagine an emergency and the button fails.) and of course nasa budget mo yan, kung kaya mo ba e. 4 years ago i could afford a totl 4x4 SF and i did, 3 months ago hangang sorento lx lang kaya ko e di yun lang. so if you really want the more expensive totl model and you can afford it, why not. you deserve every bit of luxury your hard work can provide.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    i have the older santa fe (v. 2.5) and sa akin, may problema ako sa 3 mos service requirement ng hyundai... is there a workaround sa policy na ito ng hari na di ko alam... please share... hehe thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    I also need a 7 seater vehicle. Either way, kahit sorento or santa fe, almost identical naman yan. Magkakatalo na lang yan sa service. Ako walang problema sa service ng hyundai at kia.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Just follow the 5k PMS interval, that will keep your car in great running condition. If by this time your engine has not encounter any problems then it shouldn't break down within 5years. Kasi yang PMS na yan engine related, so even if you dont follow their ridiculous 3month interval, warranties mo sa suspension or any other electrical parts that has nothing to do with the engine shouldn't be voided. That's how the SA explained to me.

Its a gamble, really. But if KIA/HYUNDAI is confident enough to give 7 year warranties in Europe/USA and 5year warranty here then I'm confident also that the engine will not break within that time span, otherwise nalugi din sila and nasira pa brand nila if palit ng palit ng mga defective parts.

The dealers are just using this to cash in from our PMS. Every 3 months for 5years?? Who follows that??

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    meron na pala 2013 sorento, facelifted na at 1,895,000.2.2 crdi evgt, AT 4x4, leather seats, sunroof, 19inch mags. mukhang mas value for money than 2013 sta fe

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    (di ba may mga sf and sorento na nagloloko yung start button? just imagine an emergency and the button fails.)
    AFAIK it's the brake switch that fails. Kaya hindi nag-start kasi you have to step on the brake pedal to start the engine.

Eh pag tinopak ang brake switch, hindi ma-recognize ng push start system na naka-apak ka na sa brake pedal.

Kung sirain siguro ang engine start button, swerte ko nalang siguro pati sa ibang kotse namin na naka-smart key.

Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Not all casa follow the 3 month rule, mas important pa rin ang mileage. What if after your 1000 pms, after 3 months ay 500 kms lang nadagdag? No one in their right mind including the service advisors would insist na change oil na dapat yung unit.
    Ewan ko nalang talaga kung may sira ulong gagawa niyan. Ang PMS interval ko sa Tucson every 5 months kasi 1000km/month lang gamit ko dun.

Yun SF2.5 namin sumasakto sa 3months/5000km kasi sobrang laspag. 55K na odo ngayon 2 years palang.
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; February 6th, 2013 at 01:19 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guess what i did with the 400k price difference hehehe! PSE up 500 points since, wooohooo!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    guess what i did with the 400k price difference hehehe! PSE up 500 points since, wooohooo!
    Ayos bro.... Ding Ding Ding Ding... Sound of dough falling in...

Cheering from the sidelines, too....

18.0K:sailor:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast