New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Yup, for me it's the test drive that will decide which car I would buy.....

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I'm also considering the same line - up of vehicles but will include the 2013 Kia Sorento 4x2 7-seater CRDI costing roughly 1.7M. The way I see it and considering more or less the same factors but including reliability and cost of ownership, but not necessarily resale value (as we tend to replace vehicles when it reaches 7 yrs or 70,000 kms.), for me right now its a toss up between the GTV or the Sta. Fe / Sorento with the Trail Blazer a dark horse. I like the Sorento's shape better than the Sta. Fe, but the Sta. Fe is newer. I just don't know if their features are comparable. Having test drove the 2011 Sta Fe (2nd gen), the 2011 Sorento and used my partner's 2012 GTV extensively, I can appreciate value for money, the GTV is a hands-down winner.

However, there are just so many Monteros around and with the 2013 GLS-V now looking more or less the same (with the mesh grill) with the GTV, there is little to differentiate. Having 4WD capability is not a must but it is nice to have and appreciate it when those moments happen. Since top speed and quick acceleration is not that important for me but more the ride, versatility, comfort, and sure footedness, do you think the Montero still has what it takes or does the Chevy make a nice argument. Have not test driven the Chevy but noticed that sound insulation was not that adequate. (A showroom model was started and we climbed on board the TBlazer. I guess it might sound / feel different once the test drive is made)

Anybody has info on the 2013 GTV changes / additions? Anybody has ridden all 4? Can you post your comments. Does anybody know what is the vehicle replacement cycle of the Montero?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012

Chevy Trailblazer 2.8 is the best choice.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    kung ako may 1.8M bibile na lang ako ng Kia Soul + suzuki SX4. ditch the diesel, milking cow na ngaun yan both ng casa as well as fuel stations. Sa casa with their required quarterly PMS else void warranty, sa fuel stations by providing dirty fuel coz of e sudden surge of PUvs.

Sa gasoline suvs ngaun, every 7500km na ang PMS, pag synthetic 10000km pwede ba stretch. tapos ang mura lang ng engine oil coz gas engines require just 1 to 1.5L liters of engine oil. Sobra sobra na.

Tas yun na nga dalawa pa tsikot mo, na may high ground clearance tas manuverable sa traffic, unlike the bulky and fat slow diesel suv. and since, mura lang acquisition, 2 insurance mo instead of 1 big limp some annually, a 1.8 M car can go 70K insurance annually.

And the cars themselves, are insurance. Coz if one morning di nag-start ang diesel suv, wala na commute ka na. Whereas, kung dalwang mini-Suv, may backup car ka.

-----

And also lastly, the smaller cars will save you from becoming big in the future, consider the smaller suv as your belt, pag di ka na kumakasya ibig sabihin lumalaki ka na, and therefore, you'll consume more resources, your expenses will grown exponentialky as your intake of fats, and lastly, magkarun ka ng diseases pag tanda mo, and therefore, instead of spending your retirement money for leisure and relaxation, you'll spend it on medicines and hospital bills

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    anong sasakyan po yung 1-1.5L lang ng langis ang kailangan? Alam ko kahit mga motor na underbones lang ang gumagamit ng 1-1.5L na langis at big bikes naman 3.5-4L+ ang kailangan. kahit nga yung mga 3 cylinders lang na suzuki nasa 3L pataas din kailangan na engine oil.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugoy King View Post
    anong sasakyan po yung 1-1.5L lang ng langis ang kailangan? Alam ko kahit mga motor na underbones lang ang gumagamit ng 1-1.5L na langis at big bikes naman 3.5-4L+ ang kailangan. kahit nga yung mga 3 cylinders lang na suzuki nasa 3L pataas din kailangan na engine oil.
    Yup, tama ka chief hehe....

As far as gasoline-fed cars, around 4.5 litres yata ang Suzuki SX4, almost the same requirement din ng Grand Vitara 2.7 V6 ko.

Sa 4-stroke motorbike naman (Honda CRF450X for example) around 1.30 litre engine (0.70 litre motor oil) and transmission oil. Sa 2-stroke naman like a 125cc around 0.60 litre transmission oil at sa 250cc around 0.75 litre. The engine oil comes from a premix of gasoline and 2T oil anywhere between 32 : 1 to 50 : 1 ratio.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Bros and sis, need your respective opinions, can you rank these three choices. Narrowed it down to these three only.

Factors to be considered include:
    1. Reliability (will use it min 5yrs)
    2. Cost of maintenance (parts, services, fuel consumption)
    3. Functionality
    4. Ride comfort and handling
    5. Toys and gadgets

Just give overall ranking for the three and why.
    Would appreciate your opinions.

Thanks.
    Hi sir, my opinion is that:
    1) Reliability - Montero and Trailblazer could have the edge since their underpinnings are truck based, which is more suited to our terrible road conditions. Engine wise, Montero is already proven. I can't comment on the Sta Fe since I don't know anyone who owns one, but in terms of power and refinement, it may be the best of the three. I'm not sure about the Duramax, but I think its made by Isuzu.
    2) what I do know is that Chevrolet Philippines past after sales service and parts availability is terrible. My friend and uncle swore never to buy that brand again because of the lack of parts availability and high maintenance cost. They own a Captiva 2.0D and Venture V6.
    3) Personally, for 1.8M, I would love to have 4x4 capability as standard. Cargo and interior space wise, I have not seen the Trailblazer and New Sta fe in person yet, but on the Montero, third row space can be tight for bigger persons, but for cargo, it 's space is pretty good, especially if you fold the rear seats flat. It can rival the cargo space on my 2000 Strada pick up.
    4)I think the Santa fe has an edge on this one. I don't know about the Chevy, but a Montero owner told me that the Trailblazer has a better ride than his 2009 Montero sport SE.
    5) Can't say since I haven't seen the Santa Fe and Trailblaizer at the showrooms yet.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Paging steer, RTS, and novice12, please post your findings with the Trailblazer here.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    Bros and sis, need your respective opinions, can you rank these three choices. Narrowed it down to these three only.

Factors to be considered include:
    1. Reliability (will use it min 5yrs).
    2. Cost of maintenance (parts, services, fuel consumption)
    3. Functionality
    4. Ride comfort and handling
    5. Toys and gadgets

Just give overall ranking for the three and why.
    Would appreciate your opinions.

Thanks.
    IMO...

1. Montero. SF should be reliable because a lot of gen 1 still on the road
    2. Montero uses "only synthetic or FS" as rec by casa for PMS (medyo mataas compare sa everest in my personal experience) BUT for parts availability definitely mura at available na sa market kasi matagal na same with SF.
    3. Montero / Trailblazer for me kasi maliit and SF para lang say pinalaki Tucson
    4. Siguro pareho lang sila pero palagay ko mas maganda ang handling ng SF kasi compact lang sya (na medyo malaki hehehe) at front drive after ko maka pag test drive (2013) and compare it with our Monty.
    5. Yng options nila nowadays ay halos pareho na nakakabit lang sa mga terms at wordings. (GPS, steer audio control, iPod ready, DVD, Bluetooth, etc.) but if you are looking for accessories panalo ang Monty though marami na din ang pang Koreans sa banawe.

We checked the TB (w/ a friend whonisnplanning to buy another SUV) at Alabang and personally the looks is OK. hU used (4x4 on display). Has a big screen. The inside has similarity to alterra, but my friend doesn't like the third row seat because of caro space but if or an adult to occupy the third row seat is not a problem unlike with Monty and SF (even with Everest and fort...just our opinion).

If you really interested, suggest ask for a test drive for your choice of vehicle to compare for your specific needs. Is hard to get all you want in one car at least which among those are close to your choices...good luck bro.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    As per *steer and *RTS, they have recorded a very efficient FC for their Trailblazers. *steer recorded an 8.79 km/l city driving FC and 15.14 km/l mixed city and highway FC Manila-Batangas V.V. on his 2.5 LT 4x2 M/T Trailblazer, and *RTS recorded a 13.2 km/l mixed city and highway FC Caloocan-Tagaytay V.V. on his 2.8 LTZ 4x4 A/T Trailblazer.

PMS cost, I think the Trailblazer wins because of its 10,000 km PMS interval, and the 1st PMS is at 10,000 kms. I also inquired about its initial PMS cost, using the 2.8 LTZ 4x4 A/T Colorado as basis. 8.9k pesos including FS oil, labor and the parts that will be replaced.

Ride and handling, the SF wins by a slim margin from the Trailblazer and by a wide margin from the Montero Sport because it has a monococque unibody construction, and is more compact than the 2.

Functionality, the Trailblazer has the biggest cargo area even when the 3rd row seats are folded up

- - - Updated - - -

As per *steer and *RTS, they have recorded a very efficient FC for their Trailblazers. *steer recorded an 8.79 km/l city driving FC and 15.14 km/l mixed city and highway FC Manila-Batangas V.V. on his 2.5 LT 4x2 M/T Trailblazer, and *RTS recorded a 13.2 km/l mixed city and highway FC Caloocan-Tagaytay V.V. on his 2.8 LTZ 4x4 A/T Trailblazer.

PMS cost, I think the Trailblazer wins because of its 10,000 km PMS interval, and the 1st PMS is at 10,000 kms. I also inquired about its initial PMS cost, using the 2.8 LTZ 4x4 A/T Colorado as basis. 8.9k pesos including FS oil, labor and the parts that will be replaced.

Ride and handling, the SF wins by a slim margin from the Trailblazer and by a wide margin from the Montero Sport because it has a monococque unibody construction, and is more compact than the 2.

Functionality, the Trailblazer has the biggest cargo area even when the 3rd row seats are folded up

10. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    montero pa din

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast