New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    When you say mahina, how weak is weak? Compared to say a Nissan Sentra at full blast AC (na masakit sa balat sa sobrang lamig), let's peg it at 10 (1-10), what number would MS have?
    In our case, when i bring it to our worksites or properties in the province on a sunny day, we have to leave the engine running on the Monty to keep any semblance of cool and the blower is running on a higher setting then the Innova. This is with 3-4passengers on board and 3M tint. id defintiely get a light colored unit and put V-kool tint if i were to buy one for personal use.

In my books, it's a 5 out 10 because ive seen better on our Pajero and a lot of modern cars today that cost less.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    When you say mahina, how weak is weak? Compared to say a Nissan Sentra at full blast AC (na masakit sa balat sa sobrang lamig), let's peg it at 10 (1-10), what number would MS have?
    same issue as vinj. we owned a 2009 Monty GLS before and i will rate it 5-6. as I said before from other thread, bias lang siguro ako dahil naka auto climate yung Innova G namin kaya mas mabilis lumamig ang cabin when parked under the sun. but then, mas mabilis pang lumamig yung cabin ng Vios ko at 1996 Pajero(local) namin compared to our MS.

i don't know if my observation is right, pero napansin ko lang na hindi kasi instant yung kagat ng lamig ng aircon ng MS 'pag binuksan.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Mahina talaga in my experience A/C ng Mitsu. Toyota is better and mabango ung buga ng A/C.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the answers. It should give the future buyers an idea if the AC's performance would suit their needs.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Thanks all for the info. My 6/7 seater conundrum has been solved somewhat. You have helped me make a decision. The 3 vehicles here I thought were a compromise to my perceived need for space but in the end would not have been practical. You can either bring 6 people more like 4 adult size and 2 children or luggage but not both. Not wanting a van, the options would have been way off the budget, like the Explorer, Pilot, etc. So decided to keep my existing ride and just get another 5 seater CUV. Now which one?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyweapon View Post
    Thanks all for the info. My 6/7 seater conundrum has been solved somewhat. You have helped me make a decision. The 3 vehicles here I thought were a compromise to my perceived need for space but in the end would not have been practical. You can either bring 6 people more like 4 adult size and 2 children or luggage but not both. Not wanting a van, the options would have been way off the budget, like the Explorer, Pilot, etc. So decided to keep my existing ride and just get another 5 seater CUV. Now which one?
    Sportage CRDI

Sorry but a big fan of it.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sportage CRDi or Honda CR-V.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyweapon View Post
    I see. Still the same budget? Agree with the Sportage. Though I suggest you consider the Sorento as well. Its much bigger, and not far off in terms of price.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by GTi; August 20th, 2013 at 05:17 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Can increase budget to 1.4 to 1.5
    Am getting suggestions of CRV 2.0S or 2.4 SX or RAV 4 4x2 base or Xtrail 2.5 4x2. If my priorities are ride comfort, reliability, resale value, safety, space, and features and will have to use this for the next 5 yrs., which do you suggest? Can only choose from Japanese manufacturers. Is there a big diff on FC from the 2.0 liter and 2.4/2.5?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Not much. 2.0-2.5A/T gasoline CUVs typically get somewhere around 5-7km/L, depending heavily on how you drive and traffic conditions.

For example, our '06 Tribute 2.3 A/T can get as bad as 5km/L on average with a heavy foot, but achieves 7km/L when feathering the throttle, both city driving.

If it was a 2.0M/T though, you may get a bit better than that. I'd suggest a CRV 2.0L 6MT.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2013 Innova 2.5V or 2013 Carens LX AT or 2013 Mitsubishi Montero Sport non VGT GLX AT