so update naman.
    gt 86 vs genesis coupe vs sti?
    STi
    FT86
    GC

I have a soft spot for Imprezas.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    depends on what you want. if you want raw power combined with absolute handling then get the STi, if you just want a car that handles great then get the ft86 but i suggest waiting for the BRZ. get the GC out of your list since you're picking between the STi and ft86. anyway i've only driven the BRZ and FRS all i can say is it's probably the best handling jap car in stock form. it truly is a car that shows you that you don't need that much power to have fun with a car. if i have one i'd keep it stock and save the money for gas, racing school and tires, if ever i want to replace anything i'd probably only replace the brakes and tires for better handling. forget about power becuase brz/frs/86 isn't made for that, plus, anyone can go fast on a straight line but not everyone can go fast when they turn.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Those three cars [STi. FT86. GC] are already fast cars even in their stock form. Before you setting a goal to go faster, sharpen your driving skills first. Being able to handle corners fast and precise enough are a must. After all, the power you intend to have might be more than what your skills can handle. Baka maging grave mo pa yung car mo pag nagkataon. :headache:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The STI is fastest in most situations... well... until the next-generation 350 hp Genesis Coupe comes... but even then, without the track pack, the Coupe still won't handle as well as the STI.

The 86 will probably be the one whose speed and abilities you can enjoy most of the time. A lightweight sports car is exciting in more situations than a heavier, more powerful vehicle, which will just be frustrating to drive in traffic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The STI is fastest in most situations... well... until the next-generation 350 hp Genesis Coupe comes... but even then, without the track pack, the Coupe still won't handle as well as the STI.

The 86 will probably be the one whose speed and abilities you can enjoy most of the time. A lightweight sports car is exciting in more situations than a heavier, more powerful vehicle, which will just be frustrating to drive in traffic.
    i've also driven the gc 3.8 track with 348hp, it doesn't accelerate as quick as the STi and Evo X. I was really disappointed by the lack of torque on that car. All the extra hp just went to waste with that one, it's faster than the old gc no doubt about that, but i was expecting it to be at least side by side with the evo and sti but it wasn't. i guess you can't really compare that with the STi and evo as they are 2 totally different monster compared to the GC, i'd say it's a direct competitor of the 350z/370z and infiniti g37s. if you compare it to the STi and evo it will be completely destroyed when it comes to performance.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not surprising. Heavy car, and all that power comes up high... that's what enabled the old V6 to get relatively decent economy numbers in traffic despite the power.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I still haven't decided what to get, but it looks like the 86/brz is out. I measured the front lip and for sure it wouldn't make it up my condo ramp. Too low, and nose is too long. Of the 3 choices, the GC has a short nose which may allow it to go up my condo parking. Another car got thrown in the mix, the Ford Mustang V8. It's priced above my budget, but man! It looks good! And an icon as well...

The year end's fast approaching, I'll just post here the pic of what I finally decided on...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGunn View Post
    I still haven't decided what to get, but it looks like the 86/brz is out. I measured the front lip and for sure it wouldn't make it up my condo ramp. Too low, and nose is too long. Of the 3 choices, the GC has a short nose which may allow it to go up my condo parking. Another car got thrown in the mix, the Ford Mustang V8. It's priced above my budget, but man! It looks good! And an icon as well...

The year end's fast approaching, I'll just post here the pic of what I finally decided on...
    If gc size, just get the mustsng

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    you can consider veloster also.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MrGunn,

Definitely the Mustang. It's huge, but it's one hell of a car for sure. American Muscles never die after all. ;)

Not considering the 370Z or the Veloster Turbo? They're both nice cars. The latter still has a sense of practicality to it by having rear seats available. Just like the STi.

By the way, is MI still offering the old STi or are they just now marketing the new Impreza?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0L vs. Toyota 86 vs Subaru BRZ