New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Yep. I don't think the Subaru BRZ will priced anywhere near 2M flat. I'm thinking the price range would play around 2.3-3M making it a competitor of the Subaru STi's and Lancer EVO Xs.

The 135i BMW looks good.

May not have the power as the 2.0 Genesis, but a stunning car nonetheless.

If you have the extra moolah, do get the BMW 1M

One FAST vehicle. But then it's around 5.5M already so it's way out of budget.
    the BRZ will be under 2M i guarantee you, it's impossible for it to be more expensive than an STi in any part of the world. i'm sure it will be priced around the same price as the wrx does.

maybe you mean 118 or 128 because the 135i can easily keep up with an STi and an evo in a drag race and track so i'm pretty sure it has plenty more power than a GC.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 135i Is slightly more powerful than the GC V6, but has lots more torque. BUT... the upcoming GC V6 will have around 350 hp, and will be a match for the 135i... at half the price.

The GC V6 is a match for the STI in a straight-line drag... only thing lacking is off-the-line traction.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The 135i Is slightly more powerful than the GC V6, but has lots more torque. BUT... the upcoming GC V6 will have around 350 hp, and will be a match for the 135i... at half the price.

The GC V6 is a match for the STI in a straight-line drag... only thing lacking is off-the-line traction.
    do you think the new GC will be able to compete against the 135i and STi's handling? cause the current GC's, you can't really be as aggressive as when you're driving an STi or 135i attacking a corner. the GC's handle great but it's just not near as good as an STi or 135i. it will be pointless if hyundai added that much power but handling will be the same or just slightly better, if they added that much in hp i expecting that the handling would also be much better than the current one. or am i expecting too much? btw will the price of the current GC go up?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yep. I don't think the Subaru BRZ will priced anywhere near 2M flat. I'm thinking the price range would play around 2.3-3M making it a competitor of the Subaru STi's and Lancer EVO Xs.
    Balita ko nasa 1.8M to 2M lang daw yung BRZ at Toyota 86.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    1.8M to 2M?

Mura ah, considering the looks.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    1.8M to 2M?

Mura ah, considering the looks.
    Yun nga eh, yan daw papalit ng friend ko sa Mazda 3 niya

Pero tingin ko hindi nito maiiwan yung 3.8 GC ni Val

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    IMHO, get the 2013 2.0T GC IF you plan on modding the car, you would be definitely getting a lot more power from the same amount of money in investing it in a turbo car. Unless, of course, Toyota or Subaru is able to price it ridiculously low that you'd see parts readily available at banawe. But, for everything else get the 86/BRZ. It looks better(not a fan of the 2013 look), probably has better power to weight ratio meaning more fuel efficient, and certainly easier to drive in traffic with its smaller dimensions. Better yet, wait for a turbo version of the 86/BRZ to be released and get that one instead.....sweet!

O.T. I'd like to see how a regular adult would fit at the backseat of the 86/BRZ hehehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    do you think the new GC will be able to compete against the 135i and STi's handling? cause the current GC's, you can't really be as aggressive as when you're driving an STi or 135i attacking a corner. the GC's handle great but it's just not near as good as an STi or 135i. it will be pointless if hyundai added that much power but handling will be the same or just slightly better, if they added that much in hp i expecting that the handling would also be much better than the current one. or am i expecting too much? btw will the price of the current GC go up?
    As noted in this article:
    Hyundai's new 2013 Genesis Coupe: A good thing made even better (Wonder who wrote it? )

Suspension is the one place where I was disappointed with the GC... too loose in the rear, in more than one way. They've supposedly improved it, but given Hyundai's track record with suspension tuning (really, they should just buy Lotus from Proton and get it over with... ), I'll believe it when I see it.

The price... no idea. Maybe we'll get a de-contented version to keep the price down... like keeping the older 6-speed AT, which, IMHO, is already good enough... or maybe get the 2.0T, which should be as quick as the current V6 for less money.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    1.8m for the 86 is too much, and would most likely veer me into the GC's direction. I really hate the new front fascia, but redesigned M/T, much better interior (based on pics), and around 50hp (2.0T) boost from the outgoing model? I hope they get the price right like the previous model though.

Although, I don't think people in the metro would be able to live with the GC as a DD. Mas safe bet yung 86 for daily driving. I hope toyota ph gets the price right.

The Prius C's price in the PH early this year makes is seem like the 86 would actually be priced at around 1.8m. BUT take into consideration that the current Japanese free trade agreement with PH, or whatever you call it, cuts the tariff/taxes for 2.0L engines and above. The Prius C's displacement is just 1.5L so it failed to avail the tariff/tax cut. The 86/BRZ should get the break though with its 2.0 engine.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Not including the Subaru Impreza STi in your short list of options? Proven performance with four door convenience & practicality.
    I prefer to keep my options below the P2M mark. Still can't justify spending more than P2M on a second car/sunday driver/toy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0L vs. Toyota 86 vs Subaru BRZ