New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ok, so I'm looking for a second car which will be my primary car and baby...

We already have a Kia Sorento so that takes care of family car duties. I was initially sold on the new Gen Coupe but when I heard that Toyota is bringing the 86 to the Phils this May, and SUbaru bringing in the BRZ on November, it made me think twice.

I've seen posts that the GC is wide, while the 86 is smaller and easier to maneuver in tight spaces.

I've also seen posts that the GC is better for straight line speed while the 86 is better in terms of handling.

Which would you choose? What would be a better drive? Maintenance? FC? back seat comfort?

I'm targeting a purchase date of late this year/early 2013 so that means all these cars would be available by then.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not including the Subaru Impreza STi in your short list of options? Proven performance with four door convenience & practicality.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Toyota 86 will get my vote...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Magkano kaya yan pag nilabas dito tsaka yung Subbie?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Magkano kaya yan?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's no word on when or even if the Toyota 86 will come here.

We do know, however, that MotorImage will sell the BRZ. Since MotorImage is Singapore based, it's likely they can bring it in at a price that will compete with the Genesis Coupe... maybe. I doubt it will cost less than 2m pesos.

I'm quite excited to see the BRZ/86 in person and hopefully... to drive it. It should be amazing. The big question is whether it will be as much fun as the MX-5. (drives better than the Genesis, but is slower and much, much more expensive)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    my pick

from what i've heard both the brz and ft86 drives pretty damn well. not sure if as good as mx-5 but they're on different class though, can't really compare apples to oranges.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They're slightly bigger, slightly heavier and slightly more powerful. The MX-5 is the closest in spec to these cars.

Probably the best comparison (considering they're 2+2) would be the 1-series coupe... but that's much heavier at the same power level... and much more expensive.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They're slightly bigger, slightly heavier and slightly more powerful. The MX-5 is the closest in spec to these cars.

Probably the best comparison (considering they're 2+2) would be the 1-series coupe... but that's much heavier at the same power level... and much more expensive.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yep. I don't think the Subaru BRZ will priced anywhere near 2M flat. I'm thinking the price range would play around 2.3-3M making it a competitor of the Subaru STi's and Lancer EVO Xs.

The 135i BMW looks good.

May not have the power as the 2.0 Genesis, but a stunning car nonetheless.

If you have the extra moolah, do get the BMW 1M

One FAST vehicle. But then it's around 5.5M already so it's way out of budget.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0L vs. Toyota 86 vs Subaru BRZ