New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If you can wait.. Wait for the 2014 Subaru Forester.. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ponkan View Post
    kanina morning nakakita naman ako CX5, parang habang nagtatagal gumaganda na sya sa akin, red un color ng nakita ko

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I beg to disagree on the Forester 2.0XS being a gas guzzler.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I've test driven the Forester 2.0 XS, and the XV and they're like apples and oranges.

Forester -- very compliant suspension, heaps of body roll, and sounded/rattled? like an over used vios taxi over speed bumps -- quite noisy and unrefined;
    XV -- firm suspension (prompting me to ask if the tyres are over inflated); solid feel, better looking, more solid interior against the forester; less body roll than the forester.

Also tried the CX-5 and liked it best among the lot. -- little body roll; sharp steering, very balanced suspension, interior in the same class as the XV if not better. Interior space is between the forester and XV.

Caveat: My daily driver is a genesis coupe, so I took the turns similar to how I do it in my daily driver. :D Perhaps I favour a more sporty feel.

TS: test drive and see which vehicle suits you best.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    my vote goes to tucson (premium) because of the engine, diesel yet powerful. I just sold my 07 rav4 (4 km/l average in MM) ;p

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by junkun13 View Post
    my vote goes to tucson (premium) because of the engine, diesel yet powerful. I just sold my 07 rav4 (4 km/l average in MM) ;p
    Jun, 2.0L gas yung Tucson Premium Limited :D

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Jun, 2.0L gas yung Tucson Premium Limited :D
    iniisip ko yong tulad sayo

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Nice thread! Sana maisama later ang Escape 2013 sa comparison. Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by WOS View Post
    Hi!

Newbie here and need expert opinion on which car would be highly recommended for a family car:
    2013 Honda CRV
    2013 RAV4 (currently no units available yet)
    Forester 2.0XS
    Hyundai Tucson Limited edition

Your opinions will be highly appreciated.

Additional question for those who would suggest the Forester 2.0XS. Would you get the current model or is it better to wait for the new soon-to-be released 2014 model?

Thanks in advance.
    If you're open to suggestions for a family car, I'd suggest 2014 KIA Sorento-R 2.2 CRDI (1.3M+) and Carnival CRDI 2.9 (1.15M before discounts), there's the newer model with 2.2 R-VGT engine but no idea about its price yet. That is if you are after performance, space and comfort.

If you are willing to consider RAV4 (which is super expensive for what you just get), you might want to stretch and get the Ford Explorer instead.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I suggest CRV 2.4SX that is (if you opt for the RAV4), CRV interior space is bigger than the RAV4. Based on US reviews, the CRV 2.4 is more economical than the RAV4. But if you have the need for speed, wait for the upcoming Subaru Forester Turbo, nearly 2M for the price. I hope this helps.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I was in this same dilemma and chose the Kia Sorento LX 2013: CRDI e-VGT, 6-Speed, bigger than all the other CUVs within the same price point.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2013 Honda CRV 2.0S or 2013 RAV4 or Forester 2.0XS