New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Hi!

Newbie here and need expert opinion on which car would be highly recommended for a family car:
    2013 Honda CRV
    2013 RAV4 (currently no units available yet)
    Forester 2.0XS
    Hyundai Tucson Limited edition

Your opinions will be highly appreciated.

Additional question for those who would suggest the Forester 2.0XS. Would you get the current model or is it better to wait for the new soon-to-be released 2014 model?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by WOS View Post
    Hi!

Newbie here and need expert opinion on which car would be highly recommended for a family car:
    2013 Honda CRV
    2013 RAV4 (currently no units available yet)
    Forester 2.0XS
    Hyundai Tucson Limited edition

Your opinions will be highly appreciated.

Additional question for those who would suggest the Forester 2.0XS. Would you get the current model or is it better to wait for the new soon-to-be released 2014 model?

Thanks in advance.

Any of the four options given are really good SUVs.

As for the TUCSON, the design is getting a bit too common with all Hyundai cars sporting the same body styling. BUT the interior is very nice.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehehe. Who cares about "common" when you've got dual sunroofs, soft leather and a kick-ass diesel?

-

If you can catch the last of the Japanese CR-V AWDs, it's a great value, and pretty cheap with the discounts.

The Forester 2.0 is just underpowered and underspecced. I'd rather get a Subaru XV, which drives much nicer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

The Forester 2.0 is just underpowered and underspecced. I'd rather get a Subaru XV, which drives much nicer.
    Forester 2.0 and the XV shares the same new FB20 engine. Only XV has CVT while the Forester has the 4 speed slushbox. Dan Neil did not give a favorable review of XV's CVT.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    if u can wait for the new Forester with 2.0li DIT (direct injection turbo) with CVT, i'd say wait for that before making the final decision....

and since youre considering the Hyundai Tucson, why not look into Kia Sportage - its cousin...they are platform sharing anyway....
    Same Engine/tranny/basic chassis. just different exterior styling....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Any of the four options given are really good SUVs.

As for the TUCSON, the design is getting a bit too common with all Hyundai cars sporting the same body styling. BUT the interior is very nice.

factory leather ba 'to ser?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Forester 2.0 and the XV shares the same new FB20 engine. Only XV has CVT while the Forester has the 4 speed slushbox. Dan Neil did not give a favorable review of XV's CVT.
    Dan Neil is Dan Neil. :p

Some people like CVTs, some don't.

It might also depend on the calibration. We liked the calibration in local XVs, but the CVT in the Impreza wasn't all that great.

Then again... you could just get the manual.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    For me i'd get the crv.

The tucson is a nice suv pero parang hindi sya yung timeless design, it looks old to me already. The tourquey engine is so good. The sunroofs are just so amazing.
    The rav4 i think is too expensive already but i guess its necause of the top-notch quality. The looks is just alright but the outgoing model is nicer to look at.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    go for tucson..
    CRV lakas humatak ng gas.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    factory leather ba 'to ser?
    Yes sir! Nice tiba?!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
2013 Honda CRV 2.0S or 2013 RAV4 or Forester 2.0XS