New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer97 View Post
    Thanks for the info. We did consider the cx5, but based on reviews it is smaller compared to the crv or Sorento. As for the forester, we expect to use the car in the city and think that the awd will be used very rarely and might not be worth the overhead in fuel economy.
    An officemate told me that their Forester 2.0L NA is doing well in terms of fuel consumption. They were surprised that it was giving them about 9 km/L city driving. The new CVT on the Subarus has done a great job of increasing fuel efficiency. AWD is active all the time and Subaru's AWD system is intelligent enough to distribute the proper traction and power each wheel needs whatever the terrain it is traversing.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Honda crv seems uninspiring for me. If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with sorrento. I just bought a new CUV recently and these two were also in my list. I would have picked CRV last on my list. Sorrento would be a little bit bigger than CRV. I did pick CX-5 but it might be smaller than what you need.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If space is a lower priority, I'd go with a CX5. The space difference between the CRV and CX5 is not too significant. The CX5 has more value and has yojin3. People also overlook the safety features (6 airbags to 2) which I think should be on top of everyone's list (especially if you are buying a car over a million). I suggest a test drive with the whole family to really gauge space. The skyactiv will also be more efficient.

If space is a priority, the Sorrento is the better choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12