New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    I'm looking for a second hand unit for my daughter who will be graduating from college next year. I want her to practice first before I buy her a new one. She wants to have the Jazz as her first car but I insisted because it's a bit pricey and old comparing to the Vios and Fiesta. I'm also open for other suggestion, max budget is 400K and vehicle must not be more 5 years. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    For me Vios>Jazz>Fiesta.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPi.23 View Post
    I'm looking for a second hand unit for my daughter who will be graduating from college next year. I want her to practice first before I buy her a new one. She wants to have the Jazz as her first car but I insisted because it's a bit pricey and old comparing to the Vios and Fiesta. I'm also open for other suggestion, max budget is 400K and vehicle must not be more 5 years. Thanks!
    Vios - reliable and best choice for me but might not look appealing for your daughter.
    Fiesta - I've heard of transmission issue in this model. Better check thoroughly and try to ask feedback from owners.
    Jazz - Good choice. Doesn't matter if it is older as long as well maintained by previous owner. It's a Honda so, resale value is really high.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    double post

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    If you say practice car and is looking to dispose of it after a few months, get the one with the most resale value IMO

6. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Vios then Jazz. Or City? A bit cheaper than Jazz and okay din ang porma for ladies..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    How about Suzuki Swift? It's smaller.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Practice car first before buying a new one? I say go for the Vios, and then get her a new Jazz later on. If you're going for the 1.3A/T though, don't expect much in terms of both fuel efficiency and performance.

Since it's going to be a "practice car", why don't you get her a manual instead? That'll definitely improve her skills more.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    If you say practice car and is looking to dispose of it after a few months, get the one with the most resale value IMO
    +1 to this

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Since it's going to be a "practice car", why don't you get her a manual instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    True true

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would also go for the vios.... masarap i drive, lalo na sa mga starters..... plenty of parts, and higher resale value in case of disposal for immediate replacement to jazz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast