New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Or hintayin mo bagong BT50, pareho lang naman yan halos ng Ranger.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Mas ok ata sayo strada sa case nyo sir. Mhrap pag malayo ang casa. Pila pa ang ranger

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet23 View Post
    for the ranger, at the moment, di ka talaga bibigyan ng unit not unless mag in-house financing ka or maraming kikitain yung dealer sa iyo. parang sa amin. nawala yung purpose ng reservation kasi ayaw ibigay yung unit. gusto nila kunin ko yung all-in nila which has ridiculously high interest and long term payment. let the hype subside before buying. regular naman ata shipment ng ranger.

based from reviews, comfortable na din daw yung ranger. maybe same as strada. mas maige ata mag-strada ka nalang over the ranger sir
    oo nga, bago pa kasi... makakapag hintay pa naman ako, at maghihintay talaga kasi kulang pa cash ko for downpament, hahaha.

sir rachet, pwede ko malaman bakit mo nasabi na mas maige mag strada nalang ako? TIA.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If needed na yung unit this year get the Strada, yung initial production problems have all been resolved unlike the Ranger which will be new to the market. Its thai built so don't get your hopes up na perfect to sa first release like what happens to most new cars (strada steering problems, uneven height, SCV's.. remember strada fans?)...

But if you can wait till the reviews and feedbacks and all is good for the Ranger, it would be a better choice since the body would still be new as compared to the 2006 or 07(ba?) released strada.

Even if walang casa ang ford sa lugar nyo, its not gonna break down regularly cause its brand new. Kaya nga tayo bumibili ng bago para walang sakit ng ulo. Around 5 or more years down the road bago yan magsira, its a truck not an economy car or something made in china item. By that time Ford might have a dealership near your place.

I hope this helps and its just my point of view... cheers

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Or hintayin mo bagong BT50, pareho lang naman yan halos ng Ranger.
    sir renzo, parang hindi ko type yung harap nya. base lang naman sa pictures. hehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    In terms of parts availability, strada has a upperhand since youre from baguio.

Traffic condition at baguio is getting worst, its almost the same with manila. For me i would prefer getting a matic over manual especially if youre gonna use it for daily drive.

Its true that since the new ranger is relatively new in our market and we dont know yet its compatibility of our dirty fuel as to compared to our thai counterparts. You definitely need more time for feedbacks from other forumers.

As to the claim of ford that the new ranger with 2.2 liter engine can run 1500km for a full tank, we just to wait if its true or not but definitely for pure city drive you will be getting an average of 10km/liter for the manual and 7km/liyer for a matic model.

For the strada, you need to install fender flares and change the wheels to a wider ones. In flood situation i can say both are the same, while ford claims the new ranger can do 800mm front wave but ive seen stradas and montero doing the same.

I dont like the plain looking side view of both trucks, too plain and lifeless. Definitely putting a fender flares will bring life to their side image.

I find the dashboard of the new ranger too big to the point of eatig up too much space for its front passenger leg room. At 5'10, my knees are touching the glove compartment. Strada is spacious inside.

Although both trucks has a smaller rear bed space compared to its previous, the new rager has bigger bed space comared to the strada.

The new ranger has a solid feel in terms of its body design. Doors are heavy and it closes solidly compared to the strada.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    looks like ride comfort is good on the ranger, better than a strada (as per a forumer feedback from a test drive), +1 sa ranger.

the fuel consumption is one reason why I like the MT, so if the 3km/li difference will be true to me, +1 talaga sa ranger.
    i will only consider an AT only if it will offer better performance, not on ride comfort basis.

talo lang talaga ranger sa layo ng casa and parts availability, pero since brand new nga naman (as per sir blue_gambit), this will not be much of a problem?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by taraki17 View Post
    oo nga, bago pa kasi... makakapag hintay pa naman ako, at maghihintay talaga kasi kulang pa cash ko for downpament, hahaha.

sir rachet, pwede ko malaman bakit mo nasabi na mas maige mag strada nalang ako? TIA.
    para sa convinience sa parts since sa baguio pa kayo. pero kung accessible naman yung Ford CASA sa inyo, Ranger ako.hehe. may 24 hour parts guarantee naman ang ranger. and di pa naman masisira yan since brand new. pero problema sa inyo yun pag me issues na kailangan ibalik sa CASA.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by taraki17 View Post
    looks like ride comfort is good on the ranger, better than a strada (as per a forumer feedback from a test drive), +1 sa ranger.

the fuel consumption is one reason why I like the MT, so if the 3km/li difference will be true to me, +1 talaga sa ranger.
    i will only consider an AT only if it will offer better performance, not on ride comfort basis.

talo lang talaga ranger sa layo ng casa and parts availability, pero since brand new nga naman (as per sir blue_gambit), this will not be much of a problem?

Usually ang mga issues naman sa bagong vehicle won't incapacitate it, most can still bring their unit to the casa for diagnosis. Most are issues for long-term use, not immediate breakdown... save for the toyota d4d..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    how about PMS cost and schedule of PMS? mapapamahal ba ang ford ranger?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
2012 strada 4x2 at glx-V vs 2012 ranger 4x2 mt xlt