New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JMacalinao View Post
    If I do opt for the GC, here's the next question: Should I wait for 7-10 months for the 2013 model or already get the current one while it's still available? (Our second color of choice is red, and I guess that's still available... somewhere.) Such a hard time to be a potential GC owner. Hehehe...
    Parang napakatagal naman ng 7-10 months! Pero kung lumabas na yung bago, which is vastly superior technologically... Baka magsisi ka na hindi ka naghintay. Are you open to other options? CUVs? 2nd hand choices? If you are fine with big time fuel consumption, baka gusto mo ang Forester 2.5XT. There are some 2010 units that will fit your budget.
    Subaru Forester AT - 10 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Subaru Forester 2.5XT AWD 2.5L AT - 10 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Oh kaya Tucson R e-VGT pwede rin. Hindi ka mag-aalala about manueverability and low ground clearance issues, matipid sa krudo malakas pa tumakbo.
    If you really want that GC, you may consider getting a 2nd hand unit now and then sell it when the new GC is available. 10 months without a car is a terribly long time dude!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I am planning to sell my red entry level GC sometime this month or as soon as I get my Fortuner (I am a dad of 4 now so I have to bid goodbye to my precious). I would not back up the good things others say about the GC. I may sound like a car agent. Screw that. Thumbs up ride and worth having is all I can say about a GC. Let me know if you opt to get a pre-owned one and we'll talk.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Worth it ang 1 year for the face lifted GC. 3 to 6 months halos lahat ng GC owners nag hintay eh. I-factor in mo pa yun time na nagiipon ka ng pambili, ganun na din yun. Lets just hope they bring it here kasi parang hindi kasi compatible ang new GC sa gas natin.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kung worth it ba yung 7-10 months, hindi.

Kung ako may pera, bibili na agad ako. lol.

Kung gusto mo pa makamura, ayan o ang dami nagsesell ng used units. For sure hindi naman laspag yan. Meron nga sa sulit binebentang GC 1k lang mileage eh. HAHA.

Or, take a look at the used Mini Cooper S

But then, you opt for brand new units so scratch that ...

Regarding the spiral, it depends. Meron sa may scout area, hirap na hirap yun Genesis umakyat ng spiral. I was watching him kasi, and see him three-wheel often.

Hmmmm. Why not take a look at the Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 VCDi ? It's a solid car -- basing from it's older brother, the Optra. And I've heard it got some punches to boot too.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; March 14th, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Hmmmm. Why not take a look at the Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 VCDi ? It's a solid car -- basing from it's older brother, the Optra. And I've heard it got some punches to boot too.
    Niky and I have test driven the new Cruze turbo diesel and it has the same issues as the Cruze gas, the automatic tranny! It is slow to accelerate and frustrating to drive because it takes too long to shift between gears. If you are buying the Chevy Cruze, the best model is the one with the manual transmission.

If you want a diesel compact car, I would suggest the Ford Focus instead. Very satisfying to drive and very willing to accelerate.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Cruze is a great car... for cruising... While the suspension is decently capable, the diesel power doesn't make it exciting... just a little more effortless in wafting down the road.

It's one of the few "compact" cars, though, which possesses excellent back seat space.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Niky and I have test driven the new Cruze turbo diesel and it has the same issues as the Cruze gas, the automatic tranny! It is slow to accelerate and frustrating to drive because it takes too long to shift between gears. If you are buying the Chevy Cruze, the best model is the one with the manual transmission.

If you want a diesel compact car, I would suggest the Ford Focus instead. Very satisfying to drive and very willing to accelerate.
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Cruze is a great car... for cruising... While the suspension is decently capable, the diesel power doesn't make it exciting... just a little more effortless in wafting down the road.

It's one of the few "compact" cars, though, which possesses excellent back seat space.
    BTW, I'm just wondering, what's the average fuel consumption of the cruze? is it also categorized as a fuel guzzler?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    BTW, I'm just wondering, what's the average fuel consumption of the cruze? is it also categorized as a fuel guzzler?
    The 1.8 6AT is just so-so in traffic, decent on the highway. The VCDi is about as economical as the Focus TDCi.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    If you want an 8 month old gc with <7km at the odo, pm me. I am considering selling mine. Its colored silver. Posted the lowest I would go in the thread i started in the car comparisons heading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 Entry or 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer GT-A?