New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Not wanting to be the proverbial cry wolf, but bet. the two, Civic's is a safer bet of the two. Just read about the defects slowly creeping out in the elantra thread. There's no need to mention of HARI's inaction with the knocking issues of the Accent. Looks like HARI is digging its own grave.

Elantra is better looking/designed and has the better transmission but whether all this translates into the same kind of long term reliability of Civic, Corollas, etc of old is another matter.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Elantra = Kim kardashian (hot ang panlabas pero wala talaga sa loob.)

Civic = Zooey Deschanel. (hindi gaano kagandahan pero may nilalaman)

Syempre zooey ako.

If you ask me, it's Hyundai Elantra for me. What I look for is the engine.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I saw the new Civic 2012 at the main lobby of SM Marilao yesterday (promo for BDO financing) beside other display cars. I might be among the minority who thought that the civic looks just fine, an improvement even. More conservative looking yet still elegant. The Elantra meanwhile has the aggressive styling and fluid curves.

Civic 2012 for me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    TS,

You cant go wrong with the civic. I am not a civic fan but between the two the honda is the safer. It might appear bland when seated next to elantra but you are assured of quality, reliability and performance. The only thing i hate aboutr the civic is the pricing which i think to too steep. If you are really inclined towards the elantra's fluidic looks, I suggest you wait another year or two to carefully assess the reliability of the car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho.. we dont have a hyundai.. but.. i think.. hyundais nowadays.. has good quality/reliability...

for me.. at par na sila ng quality sa japanese cars.. but ofcourse since sanay tayo sa japanese and... mababa tingin natin sa korean cars... parang kung same price lang.. ay mas pipiliin ko parin japanese car...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    How would you compare yung NVH / noise insulation ng civic vs elantra.

I used to drive civic FD and dinig na dinig ang tire noise kapag di masyado maganda daan (like sa star tollway sa batangas).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Baka Accent or Rio yung nakita nung nagsabi sa yo. I drive all over Metro Manila all the time and I have not seen an Elantra taxicab.
    I saw some Elantra taxi (1.6L trim) last weekend when we went to Boracay. I saw one unit in Kalibo airport and another in Caticlan jetty port. I think those units are owned by one operator because they got the same taxi logo and paint job (white).

On topic, I choose FD Civic > Elantra > FB Civic.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The new Civic still has tire noise, but it rides a helluva lot better than the FD and has better sound insulation than either FD or Elantra... though the Elantra interior has nicer plastics and a more attractive design.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
2012 Hyundai elantra vs  2012 honda civic