New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    And knowing that it has the same engine as the accent mejo magdadalawang isip ka, though i heard na nagawan na daw ng solution ng hyundai yung issue ng accent.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Between the two, Rio. Hindi ko majustify kung ba't ang mahal ng City 1.3S. Also, I hate the new chrome grille.

For the price of a City, you can get a Yaris 1.5G, a Mazda 2 1.5V, or a Suzuki Swift 1.4 VVT. All have more power and more character - the cutesy Yaris and the sporty and fun as hell Swift and Mz2.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The City feels like a true blue Japanese car. Efficient, reliable, refined... A really nice car, I should say. Real spacious too. But its just too expensive. And being a Honda means you don't get very lucrative deals or any sort of discounts. Besides, there are already lots of City's on the road, they're getting a bit ubiquitous.

The Rio on the other hand looks more like a Euro subcompact more than anything. Its got the Accent's voluminous space, and they've improved the overly soft suspension too. Also, so far I have not heard much clamor from Rio owners about knocking issues. To the best of my knowledge, there was only one, and even that was rectified quickly. Oh, and I find this car a lot more manly too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2012 Honda City 1.3 S Manual VERSUS 2012 Kia Rio Ex Manual