New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi Tsikot team I've been an avid reader of your forum since I got to drive and own cars. I always read the car comparisons section because it really gives me a lot of idea to which car I will buy next .

Moving on: Im now turning 32 this year and I really wanted to buy a car that is FUN to drive and will not easily get bored with the car, im planning to buy it second hand as i think its more practical as my budget is only around 1.5M. As on now I have four cars an 2010 Montero Sports 4x2 2012 Hyundai Sonata Premium , 2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4x4 and a 2013 Toyota Fortuner 4x2. I'm thinking of buying a car for the sheer pleasure of driving both on track and on our manila streets. So I've narrowed down my choices to the likes of the 2011 Subaru WRX STI Hatch AT and the 2013 Toyota GT-86 AT (I chose AT since i wouldn't want to be hassled when driving in the local streets)or any car that fits the category. It would really mean a lot if you could help me out.Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    go with the 86, the STi a-line is the biggest disappointment out of all the STi's made.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pa elaborate about the STI a-line. Was planning to buy.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The five-speed automatic has ultra-long gearing... which makes for (relatively) poor performance. Takes a long time before you get any turbo boost in first gear, and it's actually slower than some 200 hp cars to 100 km/h, despite having 300 hp.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by knight1 View Post
    .... buy a car that is FUN to drive and will not easily get bored with the car ....
    Get a Porsche!

Seriously.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Get a Porsche!

Seriously.
    A Porsche is only exciting when it isn't in the shop

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Exactly!

TS, you may want to check this out. Marami ka naman pang hila ng boat trailer .. :D

http://tsikot.com/forums/miscellaneo...7/index37.html

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Pa elaborate about the STI a-line. Was planning to buy.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    turbo lag sucks, lag on changing gears also sucks, handling isn't as good as a normal STi. heck a stock legacy can keep up with the a-line both on the track and quarter mile.