New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by grail80 View Post
    Siguro mga 4th quarter of the year starting around October. Kakastart lang ng production line sa Europe.
    what galing pang europe ng sportage para sa pilipinas?

what i dont like sa sportage is the lack of a quarter window (if that is what is called) at the back. without it, the sportage looks like an oversized hatch. with it then it would pass off as a very attractive compact suv. overall though i really like the sportage and will consider this over the tucson. nothing bad about tucsons its just that, overtime, i now prefer the sportage. now lets all pray for a miracle na murahan naman sana ito ng kia phils!!!! tucson territory naman sana ang pricing!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    nobody knows for sure when it will be released here.

I've read somewhere that the Hyundai and Kia did not expect the big demand on their cars - Tucson and Sportage - respectively. kumbaga, na underproduction sila ng units. and because of this, priority nila yung ibang "higher class" countries like those in Europe (and Korea of course).

With Tucson's case, right now, puro diesel and tinatapon sa tin dito, dahil yung gas variants ang priority sa ibang bansa (they discourage diesel di ba?). and even the diesel is pila pa rin dito. kumbaga, bigla lumaki demand after or during initial allocation ng units.

With Kia, i think hindi man lang tayo makakatikim ng units nila dito (unlike Tucson), dahil simula pa lang, malaki na demand ng units nila - at allocated na ito for other countries... so good luck na lang sa atin. tantsa ko dyan e next year pa tayo...

..ok na yung next year, kesa after 3 years pa (like Nissan's new X-Trail).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    what i dont like sa sportage is the lack of a quarter window (if that is what is called) at the back. without it, the sportage looks like an oversized hatch. with it then it would pass off as a very attractive compact suv.!
    i think it's called Pillar-C: this is what separates the rear open-able window to the remaining window at the back (pillar-A ung sa harap, pillar-B ung sa gitna: pinakamalaki, separates both front and rear window). meron ang Sportage if you observe closely. problem is, manipis maxado ung Pillar-C nia, kaya hindi halata. , and mejo bitin ung window-area sa likod (i think this is what you're referring to)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sa Korea din mang-gagaling ang Sportage.

For the price.. well hindi natin masasabi yan. Knowing Kia. Sana mag bigay din sila ng Pre-selling dun sa CRDi DeLuxe or Premium, basta yung may sunroof.

Jay: Not sure kung mahaba ang pila ng Tucson CRDi dito, palagi ako natetext ng SA ko na may nababakanteng units, 1 or 2 units. Kahit CRDi Premium available. Dito sa atin sobra lakas ng demand ng GLS Theta II 2WD dahil sa price & features.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by the one View Post
    Image Comparison from Goodcarbadcar.com

Perched next to the Kia Sportage in the image below is its brother from another mother, the Hyundai Tucson. Sharing plenty of their underthings is one thing, but these two do not go out on the town dressed alike. Kia uses slightly harder lines for the Sportage while Hyundai rounded out the Tucson, making it appear lower where the Sportage seems more butch.

Although these vehicles share architecture, their respective marketing strategies will be drastically different. The Hyundai Tucson is already available priced just $1,000 beneath the Kia Sportage's big brother, the Sorento. It's improbable that Kia would so closely align the 2011 Sportage with the larger, more thoroughly fitted Kia Sorento - even if the two combine forces to battle America's best-selling SUV, the more expensive Honda CR-V.

Regardless, this post is about image. On the right, you see the Kia Sportage. On the left, Hyundai presents the Tucson. Angle for angle, Kia's got it nailed. Seen together, the Hyundai may come across as slightly upscale but doesn't seem as cohesive.

Mukhang BMW X5-X6 dating ng Kia Sportage....

Pero mas makisig para sa akin ang Tucson.

Pero ayaw ko magkaroon ng mga yan, mas magiging lapitin ka ng chikababes nyan... jk.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    The new Sportage is nice (esp the front grille...ang angas ng tiger look). but looks wise, Tucson pa rin for me.

i find the rear part of sportage too "ma-bilog". may macho bang mabilog?! hehe! mali-b*g pwede pa! hahaha! joke! kidding aside, parang masyadong mataba ang sportage for me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    mas maganda talaga yong tucson sa personal pangit ang likod ng sportage dito sa korea yong tucson ix gas ang tucson lx20 diesel

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by the one View Post
    Image Comparison from Goodcarbadcar.com

Perched next to the Kia Sportage in the image below is its brother from another mother, the Hyundai Tucson. Sharing plenty of their underthings is one thing, but these two do not go out on the town dressed alike. Kia uses slightly harder lines for the Sportage while Hyundai rounded out the Tucson, making it appear lower where the Sportage seems more butch.

Although these vehicles share architecture, their respective marketing strategies will be drastically different. The Hyundai Tucson is already available priced just $1,000 beneath the Kia Sportage's big brother, the Sorento. It's improbable that Kia would so closely align the 2011 Sportage with the larger, more thoroughly fitted Kia Sorento - even if the two combine forces to battle America's best-selling SUV, the more expensive Honda CR-V.

Regardless, this post is about image. On the right, you see the Kia Sportage. On the left, Hyundai presents the Tucson. Angle for angle, Kia's got it nailed. Seen together, the Hyundai may come across as slightly upscale but doesn't seem as cohesive.

Lapit na launching ng sportage, buhayin natin thread na eto.... hirap mag pili, pareho maganda...***y ang isa, macho ang isa...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ganda din ng sportage...parang long overdue ang launch nito?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    ganda din ng sportage...parang long overdue ang launch nito?
    July pa naglaunch ang 2011 Sportage dito sa Saudi Arabia...masyado na tayo late...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
2011 Sportage vs 2010 Tucson