New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Image Comparison from Goodcarbadcar.com

Perched next to the Kia Sportage in the image below is its brother from another mother, the Hyundai Tucson. Sharing plenty of their underthings is one thing, but these two do not go out on the town dressed alike. Kia uses slightly harder lines for the Sportage while Hyundai rounded out the Tucson, making it appear lower where the Sportage seems more butch.

Although these vehicles share architecture, their respective marketing strategies will be drastically different. The Hyundai Tucson is already available priced just $1,000 beneath the Kia Sportage's big brother, the Sorento. It's improbable that Kia would so closely align the 2011 Sportage with the larger, more thoroughly fitted Kia Sorento - even if the two combine forces to battle America's best-selling SUV, the more expensive Honda CR-V.

Regardless, this post is about image. On the right, you see the Kia Sportage. On the left, Hyundai presents the Tucson. Angle for angle, Kia's got it nailed. Seen together, the Hyundai may come across as slightly upscale but doesn't seem as cohesive.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    mukahang mas maangas yung tucson sir.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If on looks alone....I'm for the Sprortage...Volkswagen Golf on stilts

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hindi pa nga lumalabas pinag lalaban nyo na

maganda yung Tucson pero mas gusto ko yung front ng Sportage

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Parang mas pogi yung kia

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mas "macho" dating nung Sportage........

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    mas maangas nga yung Sportage kasi "boxy" yung design nya.. yung Tucson naman medyo mabilog yung pagkaka design "fluidic" ika nga

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    There is something wrong with the front end of the tucson..... similar to the CRV, something is wrong with the design... I think its the middle horizontal bar of the grille that is making tucson ugly...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    There is something wrong with the front end of the tucson..... similar to the CRV, something is wrong with the design... I think its the middle horizontal bar of the grille that is making tucson ugly...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    the Sportage somehow resembles like a little Sorento. i like it's boxy design very much because it enhances its SUV stance.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
2011 Sportage vs 2010 Tucson