New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Unknown. The GD Jazz/City had great resale value compared to other subcompacts (like the Vios) for a long while... but it's finally coming level with the other cars, as rumors about the fragility of the CVT eat into the value and because they've been superceded by the GE models.

Stylish cars like the Fiesta retain their resale for a while (look at the Mazda3), but when the next big thing comes along... no more. IF the Fiesta proves to be economical and durable, then resale should stay good.

The 1.3... depends. In MT it's supposed to be good, but the 1.3 AT gets almost the same consumption as 1.5 ATs (I've tested this on the highway and in urban driving), which is disappointing. No data on the 1.6 yet, but the Powershift should make it somewhat more economical than a standard AT. But then again, the Fiesta is a heavy little car, which will hurt economy.

The City is worlds away bigger than any other small car out there. The cabin is wider and the back seat leg-room is enormous. But in terms of front-seat comfort, the Fiesta is very good. The Fiesta, Mazda2 and Vios have very similar room in the back (the Mazda2 and Vios are just about tied, with the Fiesta slightly behind because it "feels" smaller).

Fiesta. More modern crash structure. More safety features.

-

RE: maintenance. It's the same as for any brand new car. Parts are not as common as they are for older 90's cars, but there are many shops that now specialize in Ford parts, thanks to the popularity of the Lynx/Focus. Used to be, I had to search high and low for parts for my Mazda... but when we got the Mazda-based Ford Lynx, we were really happy with it, because there are tons of shops in Banawe that carry everything from engine sensors to replacement headlights and tail-lights for much, much cheaper than casa pricing.

People say: "mas marami yan sa road... tiyak na mas maraming spare parts!"... yeah... right... when my cousin has problems with his Altis, his mechanic also has to go to Banawe for parts. Big difference!

You obviously won't be able to buy Fiesta parts in Banawe now, since it's a new car, but a few years down the road, if a lot of people buy them, then chances are good that parts will be just as easy to find as for the Lynx.
    I agree on all counts, perfect way to sum up both cars.

I was also torn between the City and the Fiesta, it all came down to the "extras".

The City has paddles and a telescopic steering wheel, while the Fiesta has voice control and a DCT.

In the end I wanted the hands free feature more, so I got the Fiesta

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I would choose a Fiesta. In fact, I already made a reservation for a a 1.4 hatch.

In the middle part of this year, when we planned on getting our first brand new car, we contemplated on choosing between the following: Vios 1.3 E and Honda Jazz 1.3. Later on, we replaced the Jazz with the City in our list as the former was costlier. When the the Fiesta arrived, it was placed on top of our very short list. The choice was then between the Fiesta and the City.

After a very exhausting, but not exhaustive, research comparing the City and the Fiesta, we finally decided on getting the latter. YouTube and other overseas reviews were helping us choose the Fiesta. But we did not reserved for one yet until we have driven the fiesta. The day we were set to drive it, the test-drive unit was not available, but the SA was very accommodating enough to let let us ride in one of the units that was to be released the next day. Although I was not able to drive it, the ride was able to seal the deal.

We were aware of the size of the Fiesta. In the picture it really look small. However, when I rode in it, it was not that small in-spite of my 5'7" height. In terms of comfort, it was fine in spite that it was not as comfortable and roomy as my old car which is as big as the old 2002 civic.

As to owning the Fiesta in long term, I guess, IMO, the parts will be affordable later on. After all, this is a global car and parts, including surplus parts will be available soon. Besides, the waiting list is very impressive to the dealers, although not to those who are on the wait list.

Performance wise, the Fiesta is a performer. In fact, it is more appealing to the younger generation. It's also a good car to pass on to your son or daughter, say after 7 years.

The Fiesta is also much cheaper than the City 1.3 M.

Overall, I think the Fiesta is the right choice. But this does not mean that the City is bad. Its just that, as they say, "Different folks, different strokes."

To the one who posted this query, please update us on what car finally landed in your garage.

Thanks.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Alfa View Post
    I would choose a Fiesta. In fact, I already made a reservation for a a 1.4 hatch.

Cool, welcome to the club!

Test drive the Fiesta, FEEL THE DIFFERENCE. Never fails...
    Last edited by tidus1203; November 18th, 2010 at 06:19 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Cool, welcome to the club!
    Thanks Tidus! BTW, OT, I read this post you posted at the Vios club long time ago, where you said the following:

"Sold na talaga ako except for the back seat legroom and headroom which I need to test again. If ok lang even just satisfactory papalitan ko na Yaris ko with a Fiesta Sport hatchback! "

If you dont mind, may we know your height?Just to cross-check if the Fiesta isn't really that small...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    5'8" is my height...

I think I said that after the first visual inspection of the Fiesta at the PIMS. My second inspection at the dealership itself and this time I got more time to test out the space and it was adequate naman especially for a single like me who drives to work and visit my different shops and bringing only a briefcase...

And no I have not sold my Yaris hehehe...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Ford is encouraging you to test-drive because it is true that you'll have a more "spirited" driving experience when you get to drive the Fiesta. But it would really depend on your needs. Say if you would be using the car in mostly stop-and-go city driving as you mentioned, and let's say during weekends, more than two people usually ang nakasakay, then the advantages of the Fiesta are useless. But if dalawa lang parati nakasakay then biyahe ka madalas on weekends, then I'd go Fiesta if I were you.
    Hi sir. Does the Fiesta really suffers on stop and go traffic? I'm kinda into getting the Fiesta but I've heard of the Fiesta's powershift have some kind of issue on stop and go traffic. My daily route consists of heavy traffic so it had me thinking if the Fiesta is right for me. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    It tends to gear hunt meaning it changes gear the quickly downshifts then changes gear again on parking lot speeds... This can be remedied by activating the grade assist function located at the gear lever... According to Fiesta Faction though the ECU will eventually learn your driving habits after 3000km and you might not even need to use the assist once the car realizes your preferred shift points...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Same problem rin though ang priority ko ang FC. Ive been checking on the fiesta thread for months now; however, parang di niya kaya imatch ang FC ng city. Hay. Though gusto ko pa rin ng fiesta dahil sa features mukhang di ko mapipilit ang 1.6 na fiesta over 1.3 na city sa parents ko. haha.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2011 Fiesta or 2009 City