New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Malaki lang ang Hi-Ace kaya mabenta pero ang pangit talaga ng engine nito..Sayang sana 3 Liter Turbo nalang sana ang ginamit rito.

Avoid the Commuter variant nito,too small and very pricey at ang pangit ng seats nya.

GL Grandia??Magandang gawing Ambulance to(si OTEP at friend ng dad ko eh ganyan ang gamit nila!).

Nagtataka ako kung bakit di pa ginagawang Ambulance ang Grand Starex lately??

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    there are GS starexs na sirs.. for me the thing i really dont like about the hiace or grandia, is the rough ride..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    there are GS starexs na sirs.. for me the thing i really dont like about the hiace or grandia, is the rough ride..
    Ah mayroon na pala gumagamit nyan for Ambulance business ha.Wow thanks sa tip pare.

Rough lang naman ang ride ng Hi-Ace pag kaunti lang ang nakasakay,mas wobbly pag tatlo lang ang passenger,para kang nakasakay sa Tamaraw FX(may GL Grandia ang uncle ko na company van nila kaya alam ko kung anong klase ang ride ng Hi-Ace).Pero typical na yan sa vans na may leaf springs eh.

Sana yung mid-year update ng Hi-Ace this year yata eh bago na ang engines nya.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    i have friend working at shop... mostly commuter counter problems than Grandia GL.... ask some mechanics for idea... even my grandfather use commuter for transportation here at province would want to have the older version commuter than the latest D4D commuter....

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    it really depends how you drive ur car and how often you maintain it..and if u abuse it or not....oh so u mean korean cars or engine are made in japan now coz last time time i checked was mitsu was build in japan same as honda toyota subarus nissan's ...correct me if i am wrong

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 06aybetik View Post
    well yea no offence on biglang umebertake yong starex coz its not a racing going here in there with a family van...if u want to race take it to the track or at least there's only 1 on 1 per van b-cuz when u r driving a van or a car with a full passenger you are responsible for their lives and safetyness so i wouln't risk it by going to a high rate of speed...i would just laugh at you if u get hit or something **** happen coz they r showing off...honestly, i have a drag car and a street car here in states i've learned a lot from my mistake for taking a high rate of speed and for being showing off of the hp/tq i got under my hood..i hope driver's in the philippines have enough decipline to follows rules for driving and thank for not driving like an idiot which is most of them are..few good driver's here n there...

well maybe in the first place starex is the winner but in the end maybe its toyota....fast n reliable cars aren't cheap..cheap and fast cars aren't reliable...reliable n cheap aren't fast..pick one of those for hi-ace n starex..then will go from there..i'd always rather be the first person than being a second if u know wat i mean...for being a dependable and durability i think hi-ace is the winner...im sure under the hood or internals of the hi-ace engine are like bulletproff..you could beat the hell out of it and still going strong...maybe the reason why the starex is a lil faster coz they have a higher boost than hi-ace or a bigger turbo if that the case then absolutely hi-ace motor will last a lot longer than hyundai...money wise at the end folks

Paracetamol nga.........:rofl:

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *06aybetik

Did you consider the Toyota d4d choking problem?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i am super new on this site the reason why i joined here coz my family is purchasing a van which is they did already...so far that i've learned from d4d or i heared is that they are dbw (drive by wire) means that the throttle responce is a lot slower than reg cable wire...coz its a wire not cable...and im pretty sure that d4d has slower mas air flow into the intake... so chocking problem on drive by wire is not really a common problem its the way it was made and of course its for the fuel efficiency thats why it built...great example is the jdm k20a from type r in japan vs. k20a civic type r in japan..or usdm 06 civic si or a 06 acura rsx type s...civics are dbw drive by wire and rsx s are cable...comparing engine to engine toyota is the winner has a better sleeve and the compression is lower so i think it is safe to turn up the boost and maybe a dyno tuning down the road then it will be a bad ass van...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Paracetamol nga.........:rofl:
    hindi ko kinakaya mga sagot nito brad :rofl:

jdm k20a from type r in japan vs. k20a civic type r in japan
    ano daw?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ Kinabagan ako.........Duda ko si Jimmy Santos yan eh........

[SIZE="1"](joke, joke!)
    [/SIZE]

Happy Valentine's po!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2010 toyota hi-ace commuter or gl vs 2010 starex