New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    so ilang seaters itong starex nato? and i believe it is turbocharged rite? if so, its a big plus for me...oh purpose is of course more reliable and longevility of engine components and smooth riding..how many seaters does the starex vgt and how much? compare to hi-ace

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    grand starex VGT in local dealers costs around 1.6+M at sa grey market halos ganun din. pero I prefer grey market units. more features at same price :clap:

Engine comparison:
    Hiace GL Grandia - 2.5L D-4D Turbocharged diesel 102HP
    Grand Starex VGT - 2.5L CRDi-Variable Geometry Turbo diesel 174HP

smooth riding - Grand Starex!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i think the family decided to go with the hi-ace .... due to the budget and its just a service here and there and maybe for renting a van if someone want to go out for a family vacation or something else...main thing is that this hi-ace have enough power to go up to baguio with full passenger n baggaged..??? with-out flooring the gas or give here n there...just wondering....damn big power deffirence rite there but the price after interest stuff like that more money in starex...but thats what they say you get what you pay for right..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    congrats

cheers

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    kaya naman ng HiAce maka akyat ng baguio kahit hindi naka floor yung pedal. GL Grandia M/T, 10pax + luggage, stock engine (but modified driver ) naka akyat ng maayos pero medyo hirap kasi syempre 102HP lang. at [SIZE=1]biglang nag overtake yung Grand Starex[/SIZE]...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    kaya naman ng HiAce maka akyat ng baguio kahit hindi naka floor yung pedal. GL Grandia M/T, 10pax + luggage, stock engine (but modified driver ) naka akyat ng maayos pero medyo hirap kasi syempre 102HP lang. at [SIZE=1]biglang nag overtake yung Grand Starex[/SIZE]...
    hahahah! dapat kasi 3.0 e! btw sa pang hilux lang ata ung 2.5 e kasi sa hilux palang parang hirap na.. pano pa kaya sa hiace..sa laki nun hehehe dapat may 3.0 na

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung pang-harabas ok na Hi Ace. We use them as ambulances and they work well enough.

The commuter version has a/c vents up to row 2 only and there is barely enough legroom for full sized adults from the 3rd row onwards. Everything inside is either vinyl or painted steel or particle board (lawanit).

Lawanit sidings and roll up windows don't make me drool with lust.

Personally, I'd rather have a used Starex. But if you need something new, you can live with it.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    well yea no offence on biglang umebertake yong starex coz its not a racing going here in there with a family van...if u want to race take it to the track or at least there's only 1 on 1 per van b-cuz when u r driving a van or a car with a full passenger you are responsible for their lives and safetyness so i wouln't risk it by going to a high rate of speed...i would just laugh at you if u get hit or something **** happen coz they r showing off...honestly, i have a drag car and a street car here in states i've learned a lot from my mistake for taking a high rate of speed and for being showing off of the hp/tq i got under my hood..i hope driver's in the philippines have enough decipline to follows rules for driving and thank for not driving like an idiot which is most of them are..few good driver's here n there...

well maybe in the first place starex is the winner but in the end maybe its toyota....fast n reliable cars aren't cheap..cheap and fast cars aren't reliable...reliable n cheap aren't fast..pick one of those for hi-ace n starex..then will go from there..i'd always rather be the first person than being a second if u know wat i mean...for being a dependable and durability i think hi-ace is the winner...im sure under the hood or internals of the hi-ace engine are like bulletproff..you could beat the hell out of it and still going strong...maybe the reason why the starex is a lil faster coz they have a higher boost than hi-ace or a bigger turbo if that the case then absolutely hi-ace motor will last a lot longer than hyundai...money wise at the end folks

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    is that you janina san miguel?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 06aybetik View Post
    well yea no offence on biglang umebertake yong starex coz its not a racing going here in there with a family van...if u want to race take it to the track or at least there's only 1 on 1 per van b-cuz when u r driving a van or a car with a full passenger you are responsible for their lives and safetyness so i wouln't risk it by going to a high rate of speed...i would just laugh at you if u get hit or something **** happen coz they r showing off...honestly, i have a drag car and a street car here in states i've learned a lot from my mistake for taking a high rate of speed and for being showing off of the hp/tq i got under my hood..i hope driver's in the philippines have enough decipline to follows rules for driving and thank for not driving like an idiot which is most of them are..few good driver's here n there...

well maybe in the first place starex is the winner but in the end maybe its toyota....fast n reliable cars aren't cheap..cheap and fast cars aren't reliable...reliable n cheap aren't fast..pick one of those for hi-ace n starex..then will go from there..i'd always rather be the first person than being a second if u know wat i mean...for being a dependable and durability i think hi-ace is the winner...im sure under the hood or internals of the hi-ace engine are like bulletproff..you could beat the hell out of it and still going strong...maybe the reason why the starex is a lil faster coz they have a higher boost than hi-ace or a bigger turbo if that the case then absolutely hi-ace motor will last a lot longer than hyundai...money wise at the end folks
    alam mo brader,. hindi naman ako nakikipag karera eh. aaminin ko mabigat paa ko. ang sinasabi ko lang eh anytime kayang lampasuhin ng Grand Starex ang Hiace. ang Hyundai, beterano na yan sa pag gawa ng mga CRDi engine kaya wag mong sabihing mas matibay ang engine ng Hiace.

tatanungin kita, anong mas unang nasira, yung makina ng 2002-2007 Starex CRDi/ 2007-present Grand Starex o ang D-4D engine ng Hiace?

at ang makina ng Starex ay 4D56, FYI Mitsubishi ang gumawa nyan at napaka tibay nyang makinang yan.

nagkaron kami ng 2000 Starex TCi M/T. until now naman nasa amin pa yung 2002 Starex Club TCi A/T. Turbo Intercooler engine. still on excellent running condition. napansin ko mas mabilis yung 2008 Hiace GL Grandia kasi CRDi engine na sya at mas mataas yung Torque. minsan talaga kailangan mo yung power na kasing taas ng Grand Starex (174HP)

ikaw kung gusto mo mag set ka ng one-on-one race sa Subic. Grand Starex HVX VGT A/T vs. HiAce Super Grandia D-4D A/T. pero sa tingin ko di na kailangan kasi halata kung sino ang panalo

;)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2010 toyota hi-ace commuter or gl vs 2010 starex