New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    foresterx,

XT ba yung Forester mo? kasi yung ganyang FC hindi na masama yan. kasi yung 2.0 GLS 2WD na Tucson ay nag average lang ng 6-7 km/L

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    2.0x lang akin, kc i wasn't really planning to buy a car yet. i was still waiting for the next generation forester(hoping that subaru will equip the forester with the cvt transmission) i only bought a car kc my whole family was coming home from the states last december 09. kaya 2.0x na lang binili ko tapos upgrade na lang pag lumabas na yung bago.

yung 7-8km per liter was based on the feedbacks of other xt owners from scp. yung akin as of now nasa 5-6km per liter, break in period pa lang, pero other 2.0x owners say it will be better after break in.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    siguro wala na talagang matipid ngayon

Suzuki Celerio nalang at Alto :rofl:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    :bwahaha: tama ka jan bro starex, wala na talaga matipid ngayon sa gas.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    ito more info on the subarus safety. i'm not saying that subarus are the best, i'm only trying to show how great this car is.

YouTube- INSANE Automobile Accident - I walked away...

bro gen.miting the safety test of cars are actually more than enough for the philippines. they crash the car at 60mph to a wall, to a bigger car, to the same sized car, to a smaller car. getting hit at all sides, and hitting some thing at all sides. ano pa ba kulang? getting hit will be the same no matter what or where you are. when you say they didn't make the safety of cars for philippine road conditions, you're right cause they made it for road conditions all over the world not just philippines. and fyi there are lots of countries that has the same or even worst road/driving condtions than in philippines so i'm sure the japanes or any other car maker knows what their doing. that's why i really don't get what you're trying to say on the last paragraph of your post.

please don't be offended in what i'm about to say since we're all here to learn and share our knowledge about cars. you saying that because rav4, crv, forester, tucson are the same sizes their safety will be the same is like saying a car with more horsepower will be faster than a car with less or a v8 will always be faster the a 4cylnder car because it is a bigger engine, but gen.miting clearly you need to do more research. sorry if i sound like an a-hole, i'm also not trying to be a smart ass and i'm not the smartest guy also when it comes to cars, that's why i'm here so i can learn and share what i know. here's what i do to learn about cars, i read car magazines and reviews but a lot of times magazines and reviews can be biased so i also join car forums so i can ask enthusiast on what they think about a certain car and at the same time i can also ask car owners of a specific car the pro's, cons and their experience on the car. you can also correct me if i'm wrong and tell me what i need to know and i won't be offended and i'll be glad to help out with the best of my little knowledge about cars. peace bro!
    ForesterX believe ako sa mga discussion mo. You should right an article in a magazine. That was well researched, defended and presented. I dont think no one should contest you. What is the Transmission you were talking about? Also what combinations of Tint did you install in your Forester sa Mirror Image? Were you able to get a one piece tint sa front? One piece Tint sa Moonroof and sa Rear? Im pretty confident in your taste and recomendation. Everyone should listen to this guy especially with regards to SUVs and Euro Cars. What he says is obviously not from gut feeling but from genuine research and good taste.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    sorry pero that's not true, every car has it's own different safety features not just air bags. our mercedes benz c series got rear ended by a innova, guess what wasak yung buong harap ng innova while our mb konting gas gas lang at yupi. hinid porkit same size mag kasing tibay or an suv will be safer than a sedan because it is bigger. just like the subaru, it has the strongest b-pillar in the japanese market.
    if you're claiming that your subaru is like a mercedez benz, then I rest my case.

if you're claiming that your subaru has better chances of survival in accidents than a crv, or tucson or rav4, then I rest my case too.

kasi parang naging salesman ka na din eh, you're not even from subaru japan nor from subaru dealer philippines. you just bought a subaru heheh

i'm talking about the philippine setting. you're talking about a car brand that is yet to prove itself in the Phil. setting kasi nga infant stage pa sya.

but of course, i maybe too harsh too on the car model of your choice for saying these things. and i'm sorry for that. pero wala eh gut feeling talaga eh. been driving since 1993, i cannot see how subaru is any different from any other professionally manufactured car if we are to use in the Philippine setting. sa china-made siguro puwede pa ako maniwala na mas greater ang chances ng subaru

if i'm to characterize the philippine road conditions, talagang level-playing field. even an erring pedestrian can hurt a car

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post

if you're claiming that your subaru is like a mercedez benz, then I rest my case.

if you're claiming that your subaru has better chances of survival in accidents than a crv, or tucson or rav4, then I rest my case too.

kasi parang naging salesman ka na din eh, you're not even from subaru japan nor from subaru dealer philippines. you just bought a subaru heheh

i'm talking about the philippine setting. you're talking about a car brand that is yet to prove itself in the Phil. setting kasi nga infant stage pa sya.

but of course, i maybe too harsh too on the car model of your choice for saying these things. and i'm sorry for that. pero wala eh gut feeling talaga eh. been driving since 1993, i cannot see how subaru is any different from any other professionally manufactured car if we are to use in the Philippine setting. sa china-made siguro puwede pa ako maniwala na mas greater ang chances ng subaru

if i'm to characterize the philippine road conditions, talagang level-playing field. even an erring pedestrian can hurt a car

sorry for the misunderstanding gen.miting, i'm not saying subaru is comparable to an MB, i haven't seen any japanes or american car that can compare to the interior of a euro car, but performance depends on the car. what i'm saying is subaru is different in it's own way, just like any other car is different in it's own way. on car accidents every car also have their own advantage on different types of crashes. every japanese is great, and i'm not bashing or saying the forester is a better car than the crv or rav4. i was only recommending it to shivaker because he was looking for a car that has great performance, which the forester have an advantage against it's competitors.

regarding the philippines setting, i don't get why a car manufacturer have to make it special for the philippines? they make cars for road conditions all over the world. if you have been to germany, yung high way nila grabe kala mo edsa but the cars are going more than 100mph. go to russia or other asian countries naman there are parts of it na exactly the same road conditions as in the philippines. to me just because subaru or any other car manufacturer is new in the philippines it doesn't have to prove it self, if it is approved by america, japan and euro and any other countries it is selling to which has a faster average speed of driving which means crashing is more fatal. and i have driven all over the world, not just in philippines that's why i know they don't have to make a different setting in the philippines.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ibang klase talaga dito. dito nga after 1 year, paint ng tsikot mo walang ng kintab ng bago.

there was this one time i read an article dyan sa old NLEX, ang dami-dami daw talyer dyan noon sa Valenzuela to Pampanga Mcarthur highway noon bec. of cars regularly passing the old NLEX.

yun old NLEX was not properly maintained roads and always traffic na expressway. nun nagawa yun bago NLEX, dami nagreklamo talyer daw dyan kasi humina business, ngaun halos sarado na sila lahat.

sa new NLEX lang ako nakakatikim ng honest to goodness stress free driving, #2 ang the Fort.

ang tsikot parang tao, kapag laging stressed kahit hindi naman dapat. kahit anong galing o talino nya wala din. that's the Phil. setting. ako nga naka CRDi Santa FE na sobrang sarap ang suspension , considering may advantage na ako sa ibang naka-sedan dito sa'tin pero minsan hinihiram ko driver ng dad ko just to go around the metro. grabeh talaga dito

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    sorry for the misunderstanding gen.miting, i'm not saying subaru is comparable to an MB, i haven't seen any japanes or american car that can compare to the interior of a euro car, but performance depends on the car. what i'm saying is subaru is different in it's own way, just like any other car is different in it's own way. on car accidents every car also have their own advantage on different types of crashes. every japanese is great, and i'm not bashing or saying the forester is a better car than the crv or rav4. i was only recommending it to shivaker because he was looking for a car that has great performance, which the forester have an advantage against it's competitors.

regarding the philippines setting, i don't get why a car manufacturer have to make it special for the philippines? they make cars for road conditions all over the world. if you have been to germany, yung high way nila grabe kala mo edsa but the cars are going more than 100mph. go to russia or other asian countries naman there are parts of it na exactly the same road conditions as in the philippines. to me just because subaru or any other car manufacturer is new in the philippines it doesn't have to prove it self, if it is approved by america, japan and euro and any other countries it is selling to which has a faster average speed of driving which means crashing is more fatal. and i have driven all over the world, not just in philippines that's why i know they don't have to make a different setting in the philippines.
    +1 Sir Foresterx. Totally agree with you..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
2010 HYUNDAI 2.4 TUCSON 4x4 vs 2010 SUBARU FORESTER 2.5XT