New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    the logic is really simple. if you drive a high performance car like a subaru, you'll have the tendency to drive faster and more aggressively, hence, the need for all those safety features if an unfortunate event happens.

i drive a 11 yr. old car crv with driver and passenger airbags, but no ABS, EBD and all those traction stability controls. so far ok naman, i survived for 11 yrs eh heheh. lagi edsa pa yan.

my other car is a Santa FE with ABS and driver side airbag. occassionally, my wife accuses me na sinadya ko daw 'to na wala sya airbag heheh. the thing is malaki etong Santa FE, nakikipag-agawan pa nga ako sa yellow lane pag traffic eh. but the buses are more careful when I'm driving this as compared to my more compact crv na kasinlaki lang ng subaru at tucson ngaun.

naranasan ko na din magdala ng getz crdi with no airbags, abs, ebd etc sa yellow lane, eto talaga grabe. pati taxi vios ginigitgit ako heheh

----

saka wag ka masyado matatakutin sa kalsada. those safety features are not body armor. nadadala lang talaga kayo sa marketing ng dealers ngaun. if average speed mo per day is in the 60km/hr max dahil sa city driving, i doubt if you'll need this. now, if you'll go back and forth sa NLEX everyday puwede pa siguro. pero mag-budget ka na din ng 15K sa tollway every month ;)

when I was 19 yrs. old, nakabundol ako ng lasing, dun ko first time natikman ang bangis ng manibela ang sakit pala.
    You bring a very valid point. However my contention is, even how safely you drive, and you get hit by a bus. Those safety pillars ive seen located on the doors of the forester and those aluminum frame bodies which are harder than the Tucson's should never be discounted. What im saying is for fortuitous situations a car with safety features is really important. For a fact, i know someone who drove a BMW who crashed when driving and lived to tell about it. Lucky? Maybe. But Ive also seen ordinary cars who accidentally slammed into concrete barriers, maybe avoiding those big buses, who instantaneously broke their necks. So safety indeed is a big issue, which is definitely a plus for the Subaru. Im not so sure yet with the Tucson and the ratings test ive read from some of the posters here.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Safety:
    -5 star rating sa EURONCAP crash test
    -
    DBC (Downhill Brake Control), HAC (Hill Start Assist Control)
    -
    automatic headlamps
    -
    auto dimming rear view mirror

eto naman yung hinahanap ko sa lahat ng kotseng binibili ko:

para sa akin malaking factor yan sa pag pili ng kotse. hindi naman ako masyado after sa performance eh. hindi ginawa ang SUV para tumakbo ng 220 KPH at mag 0-100 ng 7 seconds. at ang Forester XT, MAHAL

at ang tucson hamak na mas malaki ang luggage space at legroom.
    Starex_Gold: Question lang. BEcause I honestly dont know. What advantage does a Power Retractable side mirror w/ turn signal repeater actually achieve for a vehicle? Thanks for all the information.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Safety:
    -5 star rating sa EURONCAP crash test
    -
    DBC (Downhill Brake Control), HAC (Hill Start Assist Control)
    -
    automatic headlamps
    -
    auto dimming rear view mirror

eto naman yung hinahanap ko sa lahat ng kotseng binibili ko: Power Retractable side mirror w/ turn signal repeater

para sa akin malaking factor yan sa pag pili ng kotse. hindi naman ako masyado after sa performance eh. hindi ginawa ang SUV para tumakbo ng 220 KPH at mag 0-100 ng 7 seconds. at ang Forester XT, MAHAL

at ang tucson hamak na mas malaki ang luggage space at legroom.

sorry bro pero i have to correct you on this one. there are lots of suv's that are made to go even more than 220kph and focused on performance. bakit? well for some of us who like perfomance cars and can't buy sports cars because we need the space of an suv, that's why porsche made the cayenne, land rover made the range rover sport super charged, bmw made the x5 M, x6, x6 M, jeep made the cherokee srt8, subaru made the forester xt at madami pa iba na suv thats made to perform really well.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAKER View Post
    HOLY COW, i never knew that you can modify the Subaru Forester and make it into a 6 speed. San ba pwede if ever and what would be the cost? Baka prohibitive.. Thanks for the information.
    pwedeng pwede bro shivaker, yon nga lang mahal talaga aabutin. pero if you're on a budget, turbo back exhaust na lang and cobb access port, you'll be able to keep up to an sti with just those mods and d ganon kamahal both.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAKER View Post
    You bring a very valid point. However my contention is, even how safely you drive, and you get hit by a bus. Those safety pillars ive seen located on the doors of the forester and those aluminum frame bodies which are harder than the Tucson's should never be discounted. What im saying is for fortuitous situations a car with safety features is really important. For a fact, i know someone who drove a BMW who crashed when driving and lived to tell about it. Lucky? Maybe. But Ive also seen ordinary cars who accidentally slammed into concrete barriers, maybe avoiding those big buses, who instantaneously broke their necks. So safety indeed is a big issue, which is definitely a plus for the Subaru. Im not so sure yet with the Tucson and the ratings test ive read from some of the posters here.
    in my experience about life, the more you are paranoid the more you're gonna get it. so no amount of planning and safety features will ever keep you safe.

the forester is as big as a tucson or a crv or a rav4. in my opinion, if you get accidentally hit by a bus your chances in a subaru is a good as any compact suv driver, even with all those safety features in place.

why? bec. Philippine roads are not exactly what the Japanese and the Korean carmakers had in mind when they tested their product's vulnerability.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    in my experience about life, the more you are paranoid the more you're gonna get it. so no amount of planning and safety features will ever keep you safe.

the forester is as big as a tucson or a crv or a rav4. in my opinion, if you get accidentally hit by a bus your chances in a subaru is a good as any compact suv driver, even with all those safety features in place.

why? bec. Philippine roads are not exactly what the Japanese and the Korean carmakers had in mind when they tested their product's vulnerability.
    sorry pero that's not true, every car has it's own different safety features not just air bags. our mercedes benz c series got rear ended by a innova, guess what wasak yung buong harap ng innova while our mb konting gas gas lang at yupi. hinid porkit same size mag kasing tibay or an suv will be safer than a sedan because it is bigger. just like the subaru, it has the strongest b-pillar in the japanese market.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ito more info on the subarus safety. i'm not saying that subarus are the best, i'm only trying to show how great this car is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2B79xkOa7I"]YouTube- INSANE Automobile Accident - I walked away...[/ame]

bro gen.miting the safety test of cars are actually more than enough for the philippines. they crash the car at 60mph to a wall, to a bigger car, to the same sized car, to a smaller car. getting hit at all sides, and hitting some thing at all sides. ano pa ba kulang? getting hit will be the same no matter what or where you are. when you say they didn't make the safety of cars for philippine road conditions, you're right cause they made it for road conditions all over the world not just philippines. and fyi there are lots of countries that has the same or even worst road/driving condtions than in philippines so i'm sure the japanes or any other car maker knows what their doing. that's why i really don't get what you're trying to say on the last paragraph of your post.

please don't be offended in what i'm about to say since we're all here to learn and share our knowledge about cars. you saying that because rav4, crv, forester, tucson are the same sizes their safety will be the same is like saying a car with more horsepower will be faster than a car with less or a v8 will always be faster the a 4cylnder car because it is a bigger engine, but gen.miting clearly you need to do more research. sorry if i sound like an a-hole, i'm also not trying to be a smart ass and i'm not the smartest guy also when it comes to cars, that's why i'm here so i can learn and share what i know. here's what i do to learn about cars, i read car magazines and reviews but a lot of times magazines and reviews can be biased so i also join car forums so i can ask enthusiast on what they think about a certain car and at the same time i can also ask car owners of a specific car the pro's, cons and their experience on the car. you can also correct me if i'm wrong and tell me what i need to know and i won't be offended and i'll be glad to help out with the best of my little knowledge about cars. peace bro!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    shivaker, simple lang, tamad ako. pati ba naman side mirrors ako pa mag fold? sabi ko naman diba para sa akin important yang feature/s na yan. pero sa iba hindi naman.

sorry bro pero i have to correct you on this one. there are lots of suv's that are made to go even more than 220kph and focused on performance. bakit? well for some of us who like perfomance cars and can't buy sports cars because we need the space of an suv, that's why porsche made the cayenne, land rover made the range rover sport super charged, bmw made the x5 M, x6, x6 M, jeep made the cherokee srt8, subaru made the forester xt at madami pa iba na suv thats made to perform really well.
    oh well, European SUV's yan. hindi lang performance pati reliable yan. matibay yang mga yan eh. akala nyo hindi pa ako naka drive ng X5? hindi mo mapapansin 235kph na ang speed mo kasi very stable sya.

pero sa japanese made, ewan. kaya naman pero ewan ko kung kasing stable ng X5 or Cayenne

at obvious naman ang choice ng bibili eh. bias sya sa FXT so bakit pa tayo nagawa ng comparo kung bawat comment about Tucson eh binabawi?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Good thing wala kami sa market for a compact/mid-size SUV.

Mababaliw ako sa choices available hehehe.

The FXT is probably sportier and faster, but hyundai is pretty up there too in terms of quality and reliability. Also, no complaints about how the tucson looks too

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ano ba ang FC ng Forester XT?

sabi sa akin tipid naman daw kapag hindi nag eengage ang turbo

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    actually bro starex_gold yung forester is not that far from the euro cars that i posted, i know because i daily drive my dads range rover sport in the states and my mom used to own an x3 now an x5. my whole family owns euro cars, ako lang ang naka japanese car kaya i know that the subaru doesn't fall that far from euro cars. also not all euro cars are as reliable as you think, my brother's old 3 series and my mom's old x3 had so many problems after 2 years.

fc on the forester is around 7-8kms per liter.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2010 HYUNDAI 2.4 TUCSON 4x4 vs 2010 SUBARU FORESTER 2.5XT