New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    But then again, also five years ago, you can still push the pedal to the metal at SLEX.
    You still can these days on light traffic, specially between Bicutan to Sucat. In terms of distance, SLEX/Skyway is the longest part of my daily route yet it consumes the least amount of time on average. On a normal weekday morning, it's like 30 minutes on Sucat, 10 minutes on the Skyway, 20 minutes in Makati CBD, plus another 15-20 minutes to BGC.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by airolynx View Post
    Hahaha! there you go sir. I don't think you'll get much gratification by switching to a slightly more efficient gas fed car (Swift) if you have those CRDI beauties in your garage.
    These CRDi's are still under the companies' car plans and definitely not yet ours. I can only afford the cheap cars. . .hehe.
    We used to have a 1st Gen 1.3 Vios MT. It was a nimble fuel efficient car that I can weave easily thru traffic. That's why the Swift came to mind.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    You still can these days on light traffic, specially between Bicutan to Sucat. In terms of distance, SLEX/Skyway is the longest part of my daily route yet it consumes the least amount of time on average. On a normal weekday morning, it's like 30 minutes on Sucat, 10 minutes on the Skyway, 20 minutes in Makati CBD, plus another 15-20 minutes to BGC.
    Ayaw ko na. I got caught overspeeding by the radar between Sucat and Alabang.
    That was stupid of me because I already knew that there is a speed scanner along that stretch.
    Goodbye PHP 2k. Paid at LTO East Ave. for no appearance and no seminar retrieval of my license.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    I would like to ask the reason for maintaining another car? Is it for coding purposes and as an alternate vehicle? If yes, then no need to replace it since you can use your other vehicles for better FC.

But if you are planning to use the car as your daily driver, then replacing it with a more fuel efficient one has merit.

In general, if you don't use a car anymore, better sell it and replace it with one that you will use on a regular basis.
    Actually sir it's a chicken and egg thing. . .
    We don't use it as a daily ride because it is less fuel efficient. But we definitely need it for coding days.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just use the Civic FD until the newer Civic model arrives as its replacement. Honda will be moving to a 1.5L turbo engine for the new Civic. It will be more efficient yet produces better power & torque than the 2.0L engine of the current Civic FB.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Just use the Civic FD until the newer Civic model arrives as its replacement. Honda will be moving to a 1.5L turbo engine for the new Civic. It will be more efficient yet produces better power & torque than the 2.0L engine of the current Civic FB.
    Yes sir, definitely I can wait sir.
    I believe that Civic will be in the PHP 900K up range.

And I also hope Honda will wait.
    Hindi pa ako tumatama sa lotto.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Thanks everybody for your insights.

I was outvoted by my wife and son to retain the FD even as a coding car. They still prefer it over the Swift.
    My wife argued on size and comfort. My son just played chorus to his mom.

Well, that's life.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234