The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by funkeemunkee View Post
    There's the answer to your question.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There's the answer to your question.
    Thanks for pointing that out sir funkeemunkee. Missed it.

If it's fuel then might as well sell it. The mirage/G4 has good reviews on FC. Though the swift is not far off.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Let's run some numbers:

You sell your FD for 480k, so you still have to add 160k for a Swift.

Given you do an average of 6.5 km/L with your FD in your route, you'll probably do about 9 km/L with the Swift. Assuming you travel 12000 km a year and gas is at P43/L:

Annual cost with the FD: 79k
    Annual cost with the Swift: 57k

It will take 7.5 years before you offset the upfront cost of buying a Swift. Not to mention, you have to live with an inferior car.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Sorry to butt in, have you considered the Accent Crdi among your choices? I havent driven an FD so i dont know how it handles. But in terms of efficiency, the crdi engine is a winner.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Let's run some numbers:

Given you do an average of 6.5 km/L with your FD in your route, you'll probably do about 9 km/L with the Swift. Assuming you travel 12000 km a year and gas is at P43/L:

It will take 7.5 years before you offset the upfront cost of buying a Swift. Not to mention, you have to live with an inferior car.
    This post sums it up in a cost perspective. It would be much wiser to keep the Civic FD.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    Hi guys. We have a 2010 Honda Civic FD 1.8s AT. Carbon bronze. Less than 30k on the ODO. It is more of a garage queen since it is used mostly once or twice a week during coding. The FD is really a fun car to drive but with FC of only 6-7 km/li.

If I sell my FD and add a little, I could get a 2015 Suzuki Swift A/T.

What do you think? Thanks for sharing your insights.
    If you are not using it then sell it. FD is not a collectors item that appreciates through time.

If you are not using it because of bad FC then replace it. Cars are meant to get you where you want to go, it should be driven.

The only reason you would keep it is if there's a sentimental value to it, like if it's your first car.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Maybe the reason of the high FC is that it is being used on short trips instead of the usual daily route. We all know that short trips result to higher fuel consumption. Most people I know who has the Civic FD say it's efficient for its engine size, between 8-9 km/L or better. The Civic FD K20 (2.0L) has more power and faster but only averages around 6-7 km/L.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ true. my fd2 runs at around 6.5 kms/liter and i'm fine with it. we bought the car knowing the entailing costs so i guess we could live w/ it.

i'm just wondering why a newer 1.8 fd is consuming as much as my 2.0 a/t fd. maybe it needs to be looked over or something.
    Last edited by baludoy; July 1st, 2015 at 01:16 AM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Or perhaps because his route's traffic is worse.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Let's run some numbers:

Is the maintenance cost included? Out of warranty vs 3yr casa service cost.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Is the maintenance cost included? Out of warranty vs 3yr casa service cost.
    For out of warranty cars, you can service them outside the casa. You can source oils, filters, plugs, and other stuff somewhere else at a cheaper price compared to the dealers. You can go to a trusted mechanic for maintenance services following the prescribed schedule listed in the manual. There are even some people who have their cars serviced from their preferred shops after completing a year's service from the dealer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast