New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    .... fiesta ....

No I wasn't saying anything! Must be your imagination...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    vanity - city
    practicality - altis
    your choice.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thanks po sa mga input nyo.. i decided to pick the altis kasi comfy yun ride e wala ako masabi.. saka para naliitan ako sa city pagdating sa labas although yun loob e ok naman..

kung sakin lang sana yun car id pick the fiesta or jazz kaso members of the family din ang gagamit hehe.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Kamusta naman ang resale value ng City at Altis? Thanks

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hayy.. galing ako caravan kanina.. beacuse ill get discounts daw kapag pumunta dun.. kaso nung try ko talaga yung altis nasisikipan ako compare sa city.. im the only one experiencing this? mga 4x ko na natry pati nakasakay din ako sa altis na taxi e.. 5'11 height ko.

kaya di muna ko nagpareserved isip isip muna baka magsisi ako e.. tsk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    At your height, most compacts would feel, well, compact. However, I've ridden the City, Altis and Civic, and the space of the Altis is closer to the Civic than the City. That said, the City's room rivals compacts of old, probably beats them.

I still suggest the Altis since you want a comfortable car. It's probably as vanilla as vanilla can get, but hey, vanilla's good too. Sometimes.

Well to share my experience with an Altis, we've had one for a year now. And initially I was so bitter that we didn't get the Civic/Focus. However, I've come to appreciate it,especially for its ride. At the end of a tiring day, it's easy to drive home with. Not like the Civic which hurts my back even if I'm not even old enough for a mid-life crisis. I also really like it's interior. Maybe it's just me but I like the simple design that looks like a traditional Corolla dash. I don't like the wood though. But the one thing that will forever haunt me with the Altis is that it's so nervous around corners. I'm no racing driver but I really do feel that the car rolls around too much when you take a turn at speed. If you can live with that, the Altis is fine.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Get your family to a ford dealership and test drive the fiesta... Malay mo mabuyo mo sila to buy the fiesta... Pero kung itong 2 ang option Honda city na lang.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I had the same dilemma and chose the City a couple of months back, but that was still against the pre-MMC Altis with the old engine. I had only a budget of P800k then and wanted an A/T. I didn't really want to stretch my budget, at saktong sakto lang ang City E sa budget ko at P806k. I felt right with the city when I test drove it kaya that was my choice. I liked the City's driver seat ergonomics better than the Altis'.

The Altis did have a much quieter/comfortable overall ride, but I didn't want to buy a "new" car with a 10+ year old engine technology (that many had complained of sludging). I felt interior space was pretty much the same with the City.

However, things are different now. Toyota is now selling the rightful 10th gen Altis engine in the face-lifted Altis. Budget concerns aside, I would pick the Altis over the City without having to think much about it (pero budget is a concern for me so I'm still happy with my choice. ).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go for the Altis. It's as bland as a Toyota can be, but comfortable.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I recently test drive both cars and I still like driving Honda City.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2010 Honda City 1.5e vs 2010 Toyota Altis 1.6G A/T