I may get flak from this. Pansin ko ayaw ng mga tag-Manila ng Crosswind. "Dated" as they say.

Before I expound my thoughts, there are 2 complaints I may voice towards the Crosswind.
1. Price of the to-range variants. Very astronomical.
2. Safety equipments. There is very large room for improvement beginning with the shell that can absorbed high impact collisions.

The Crosswind is quite favored in provinces.
1. Speed. The 80-something horsepower is actually adequate. 80-100kph speed is about appropriate for our narrow roads populated by motorcycles, trisikads, kuligligs and stubborn population that has no high regards for road safety. Shanties built in sidewalks, children playing nearby, stand-by, inuman sa daan, etc.

2. Old school powerplant. Well, CRDIs and the VGTs of the world rejoice at the new found power to accelerate. But the Philippines are not exactly known for its "clean" diesel. Fuel silos are not made to specifications that water, given time, can seep through the walls. 5-10 years of use or 200-300,000 of kilometers after, its not unusual to find corrosion in the injectors of these so-called modern powerplants. Heck, choking issues are not really unheard of in recently bought ones.

3. Dated. Yes,it has undergone multiple facelift through the years with essentially the same basic design. Its quite an advantage because the vehicle looks "fresh". Today, the Revo appears to belong to a bygone era with the Innova's replacement while the Adventure and Crosswind still maintains their relevance. Just take a look how much they fetch in the second-hand market say, for their 2003 models.

4. Reliability. With no elecronic parts, it can survived the wrath of nature and the age of time. And the plebeian sando-wearing mechanic can actually tweak the engine in case of failure. You will not be too concern when you are passing through an area with no casa in sight for next 300-500 kilometers in your trip.

5. Maintenance. You would be surprised how much the so-called more modern vehicles cost. Its like having another child. Just kidding. But you see the point.

Anyway, a modern vehicle is nice. But you have to remember, more power comes great responsibility (and budget).