New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I haven't bought one yet.. I am still checking other options like a second hand compact or SUV. Kung sa 3, I would get the Lancer na because of the prize and all my previous cars are lancers. Also here in Pampanga, mas marami marunong na mga mekaniko sa Lancer plus maganda naman service center (CarWorld) ng lancer dito. Kaya lang, as I said I like to try other models din kaya i am checking the 2nd hand market baka makatisod ng magandang sasakyan sa magandang presyo..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    In order... 1st corolla, 2nd sentra, 3rd lancer. Test drive no yung 3 then maybe you'll have the same answer.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Phased out na yata ang Altis E this year dahil to give way sa sales ng G variant na mas malaki ang kita.

The Lancer 1.6 GLX or GLS is the better choice here! Mura lang at ok sya!!

I'm going to buy a car also this November, choice ko siguro Lancer 1.6 GLSAT, pinagpilian ko rin yung Altis 1.6G, kaso sa driver's seat lang pala yung Airbag nya, so doon nalang ako sa Lancer, malaki pa matitipid ko.......

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i've driven both cars: 2009 Lancer 1.6 GLX (i drove a 2005 model, the one without the extended bumpers, but basically, the same banana) and 2009 Altis 1.6. here are my observations:

Lancer
    1. High NVH levels.
    2. Ride level seems low.
    3. Power is good at lower to mid RPMs.
    4. Superb, crisp handling.
    5. Suspension quite stiff.
    6. Good FC. (city)

Altis
    1. Spacious
    2. Suspension is on the softer side.
    3. Power is good at middle to higher RMMs.
    4. Handling is good. Power steering doesn't let you feel the road on the tires.
    5. Low NVH levels.
    6. Good FC (city) but lancer is better.

reliability/maintenance issues heavily depend on how you use or abuse the car. not slowing down on speedbumps, for one, would have adverse effects on the tires and suspension, regardless of the brand or any car type for that matter.

from your criteria (rnvelasco), you should pick the altis. spacious, comfortable, good FC. lancer is more on the sporty side (slick steering, lower ride height) while altis is more relaxed.

source: drove both cars.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Is it true they are going to phase out the Altis E??? Man i guess i have to hurry. It fits my budget too.

Current n16 gx owner here. No problems experienced i am already doing almost 30k. Previous b13 owner as well.

The reason id pick the altis is because it's size is bigger than the others. Current width and interior space of the sentra is actually comparable to the vios and honda city. As they said, the n16 is an old model. Nissan should bring in global subcompact and compact cars. No reason for me to buy the same car with a different engine displacement.

You might want to throw in the Focus entry level for comparison as well which is below 800k.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by romeldinho View Post
    Is it true they are going to phase out the Altis E??? Man i guess i have to hurry. It fits my budget too.

Current n16 gx owner here. No problems experienced i am already doing almost 30k. Previous b13 owner as well.

The reason id pick the altis is because it's size is bigger than the others. Current width and interior space of the sentra is actually comparable to the vios and honda city. As they said, the n16 is an old model. Nissan should bring in global subcompact and compact cars. No reason for me to buy the same car with a different engine displacement.

You might want to throw in the Focus entry level for comparison as well which is below 800k.
    Already finished my same dilemna and i went to for lancer glx.

Reasons:

Price: lowest of the 3 1.6

Features: Most amenities are (dual airbag, disc brake, keyless and alarm) present only in lancer.

Looks: Although mtagal na ung design, mukha pa ring nakakahabol sa iba.

Interior: Parang hindi pang base model. Madaling ayusin since black ang interior.

Maintenace: Parts and accessories are available

Durability/suspension: Kalampag is a thing of the past

Out of warranty maintenance: Mas maraming mekaniko ang may alam sa lancer.

----

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345