The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ill go with the newest model among the 3 choices.. I'd pick the corolla

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

eh ang corolla E walang keyless entry......
    Dibali na keyless entry is just icing. Concentrate on the cake. Bagong icing nga luma na yung cake

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    We'll be getting the 2009 Lancer GLX (1.6 SOHC) this Saturday.

Why?: good points for me.
    1. We only have two choices. 2009 Vios E and 2009 Lancer GLX.
    2. Good features for the GLX model
    3. Bigger space/cargo inside
    4. 4 disc brakes
    5. Extra power at 110HP, than the Vios E at 85HP. (Power to weight ratio)
    6. Engine was designed and built in 2002, 4G18. Probably madami nang mechanic na nakaka alam neto.
    7. Mas lower ung cost nung Lancer at P638K (+ free insurance, lto, mortgage, etc)
    8. Seems to be the best deal right now in it's class.
    9. may MMPh na group (mymitsu), good people.

Disadvantage na nakta and nabasa ko (09 Lancer GLX).
    1. Body was designed in 2006 (need to be clarified), but production is still ongoing until 2009. Mitsu, only done facelifts - afaik.
    2. Vios is newer, The Lancer GLX model has been here for around 3 years. Probably, in a year or two Mitsu will remove this from their line-up since andyan na ung Lancer EX w/c will eventually replaced the older models. Nag uubos na lang probably nang stocks.
    3. No ABS for the GLX. (Yes, you'll never know when will you need it. But, have you ever used it really?) AFAIK, pag nasira ung ABS (nag ON ung warning light) babalik pa din to conventional braking method.
    4. No magic mirror unlike the Vios E?

So far un lang, kaya I choose the 2009 Lancer GLX. GLS sana, but budget permits.

If you really like the looks of the car, re-sale value won't be a problem if you're planning to stick to it for 5 to 10 years. Bawi mo na un. Eventually maluluma at maluluma naman ang kotse, nasayo talga on how you maintain it. If its properly maintained, then you will get a good deal when selling it as a used car.

I've heard problems sa pang ilalim, sa harsh nang daan sa pinas I'm sure nde lang Lancer ang may problem na ganun. I still have a 1997 MAZDA Familia Gen2. Still works, minsan ganun talga ung pang ilalim. But, may cruven naman dyan and some good auto-supply parts like Piyesa, etc.

And all brand new cars have at least 3/years warranty or 100k w/c come's first. Safe ka na dun.

Hope this help sir, opinion ko lang eto. Just want to share.
    Last edited by lm723; May 13th, 2009 at 05:08 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You should consider the newer Lancer EX (Evolution X body) since Made in Japan un at siempre mas maganda hitsura.

It's bigger than your typical compact sedan too (it's sold as Lancer Galant in Japan).

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    here's a pic of Evo X. pwede mo i-mod yung Lancer EX to look like this:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...-1600x1200.jpg

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Congratulations sir lm723! on your new lancer!

btw what color will you get?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    pics!!!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rnvelasco View Post
    [SIZE=2]Please help me in choosing. I narrowed it down to these three but you are welcome to suggest other models.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Criteria:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]1. Good family car. Can fit 3 persons comfortably at the back.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]2. Reliability. Less trouble in next 5-10 yrs.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]3. Easy to maintain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]4. FC[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]5. Riding comfort[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Budget is 750K max that is why I did not consider Honda Civic FD.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I am leaning towards the Lancer GLX because of the price but I already had the Itlog ang Pizza models and I would say they are prone to problems (Aircon, Suspension etc.). That is why I am thinking of shifting to an Altis because of its reputation of being reliable and less prone to problems like the Lancer. I am also considering the Sentra because of its all-around features but Nissan has a bad reputation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Please enlighten me guys. Thanks![/SIZE]
    Buhayin ko lang ang thread na ito. *rnvelasco have you decided on what car to buy? Reason I ask is I have the same dillema hehe

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    my vote is on the altis. had a similar dilemma but if i can widen my choices, i will go with the 2009 city.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Phased out na yata ang Altis E this year dahil to give way sa sales ng G variant na mas malaki ang kita.

The Lancer 1.6 GLX or GLS is the better choice here! Mura lang at ok sya!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast