New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ITMA View Post
    +1 ako dyan partner.
    sorry to screw up your choices. pero kung ang priority mo ay to
    chauffer the mrs. around and not for your personal driving pleasure ako din....
    sa choice ni ser ITMA....

pero kung gusto mo pa din ng Focus TDCi for the weekend driver in you....
    maybe u can just tell your wife to slide the front seat all the way up to give her the best space at the back...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i will never buy a P1M+ sedan or car, that's SUV territory na

now if the wife will be the one to use, the more na hindi dapat bilhan ng sedan at 1M

kung may 1M+ budget ka, at least make your wife safe in an SUV. kahit papano takot ang PUV's and taxis and smaller cars sa SUV. mga driver dito sa'tin pag nakakita ng babae nasa sedan, parang nakakakita sila ng baby nasa trolley

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Need a car at about 800T-1M value to be used by wife with a driver?

I can only think of one - the new Ford Escape. Great value, go anywhere even in the urban jungle (potholes and flood), comfy rear seats and enough space for groceries.

The Focus diesel and 4wd Impreza are a driver's car, not to be cheauffer-driven.
    ah with driver pala. i failed to read the whole story sorry.

kung di-driver, buy the current nissan sentra or toyota corolla na lang. mas malaki na puwede pa pa-drive kay manong. hindi gano masakit sa puso kung magasgasan nya or mabirit nya. cheap maint lang naman mga cars na'to

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by attorney View Post
    hey guys im in the market for a new car. i'm currently considering the 3 cars. i know civic is not quite a match among the focus and impreza but you think the price difference of 200k is worth it to spend on the focus or impreza? i just like the civic since its very spacious especially the rear seats. while the 2 hatches have a bit cramped rear seats. this will be used most of the time by my wife who rides at the back seat since she has a driver. but personally im leaning towards the focus and have no plans no riding at the back seat. thank you. inputs appreciated to end my confusion. btw, my wife doesnt like the focus' cramped rear seats!
    sir attorney, it seems that you have practically answered your own question judging from your premise. since your wife doesn't like the focus' rear seats (then out na siya). the impreza's rear seats are likewise cramped. so your left w/ your first choice - civic....then, go for it sir.

on the other hand, w/ a budget of 800K-1M, i would also recommend a compact SUV. then again, you may already have an SUV. i hope we're not confusing you more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2009 Ford Focus Diesel vs. Subaru Impreza 2.0R and Honda Civic 1.8s