New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I say Audi A4 TDi mas gwapo sa BMW 320d. That is if you don't care about resale value. I suspect BMW will have higher resale value because in RP there is only two well known luxury cars that is BMW and Mercedes-Benz...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Audi A4 looks good, and the interior and comfort are, hands down, the best in the class.

But for a combination of ride and handling, the Merc C-Class is exceptional. Sharp-ish handling, very very good ride, nice transmissions. Interior plastic quality is a little so-so, but not something you'll bemoan if this is your first Euro car.

The BMW 3-series is a bit spartan, but it definitely handles better than the others. The steering and handling are better than the C-Class, the 2.0 diesel is rorty, and the car feels exceptionally solid. Unfortunately, unless you're willing to replace the run-flats with ordinary non-run-flat tires, the ride is very harsh over debris and potholes... little pebbles will feel like boulders.

The BMW 520d... hmmm... lots of space, and the engine is just big enough to motorvate the car (haven't tested it against the clock, but it feels like it can do 0-100 km/h in just 9 seconds) and having an ultra-light engine in front on a mid-sized car gives it very entertaining (read: tail-happy) handling if you really throw it around. But it's still safe and secure in handling, as most BMWs are.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I say Audi A4 TDi mas gwapo sa BMW 320d. That is if you don't care about resale value. I suspect BMW will have higher resale value because in RP there is only two well known luxury cars that is BMW and Mercedes-Benz...
    I think that's only partially true. In general, the more expensive the car, the bigger the depreciation value will be no matter what brand. BMW or Benz may seem to have a better resale but actually, they are usually price higher than other luxury brands so it won't matter in the end.

Let's make an example between the Audi and BMW.

The Audi A4 TDI cost about 2.68M new. Since its an Audi, after 5 years, maybe you could only sell it at 40% its original price or about 1.1M.

While the BMW 320d costs 3.09M new and since its a BMW, you might still get 50% of its value or around 1.5M after 5 years.

Now, the BMW may seem to have a better resale "value" since it depreciated by 50% only vs Audi's 60%. However, if you look carefully, you will actually lose around 1.6M either way so in the end, they are no different from each other.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Good point.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Also take note about maintenance.

It's hard to get your Audi repaired. BMW is more fluid.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    thanks for all your replies.. Anyone who has experience with jaguar x type where leaning more on the x-type because of the interior and brand wise any feedbacks with the x-type? thanks

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    if its the A4 TDI quattro AWD ill take that any day

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    I test drove the Audi TDI today.. handling i ok but the ride is very comfortable. the interior is much better than the C200 Avantgarde and roomier. Resale value? well, Ben and BMW are the two very well accepted european brands but the Audi quality is superb and PGA has reliable service for the Audi now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2009 Audi A4 tdi or BMW 320d