New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Great suggestion but I'm not into Korean vehicles yet.

I know their quality has improved but is rather get the jap or American.

Your right that those really look terrible and I'd like the looks of the escape.

The reason why I like the escape is that the second hand prices are very attractive

How is the interior noise of the escape btw?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    Great suggestion but I'm not into Korean vehicles yet.

I know their quality has improved but is rather get the jap or American.

Your right that those really look terrible and I'd like the looks of the escape.

The reason why I like the escape is that the second hand prices are very attractive

How is the interior noise of the escape btw?

After we got a Santa Fe, I'd have to say that their quality has definitely improved. When compared to our Strada, a Thai-made Jap, it is definitely better in terms of materials used, ride comfort and refinement and engine performance.

Moving on. The Escape most definitely does not float the way it's bigger redneck brothers do. With the Escape, do not expect Camry levels of refinement. Or even Accord levels of refinement. Underpinnings are most definitely built Ford tough, but it definitely won't float through bumps the way an executive sedan would. Regarding interior noise, you won't hear any suspension niggles but the engine will always be heard. It won't just be a faint hum or purr either. But then again, this engine is a very good singer, so I actually don't mind. Interior plastics are hard all around, though everything is built to last. Apparently, later models already feature variable valve timing and drive by wire throttle. They're supposed to be more fuel efficient, though by how much, I'm not sure.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    I also had a 2.4 accord 2007 and it doesn't reach 7 km/LI.
    Whatever your 2.4 Accord is getting on your route, that's what the Camry and Escape (get the 2.3 FWD only, because the 2.0 is a real guzzler) will get, give or take half a km/l.

No getting around the problem that these big engines still use gas when they're not moving.

Later model Escape 4x2s ride much like the Camry. Pretty soft. Interior is comfortable, but the back seat is not all that big.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hmm the escape seems to be very attractive if it rides almost like the camry..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    if your option is only from the two, don't bother with the FC.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    if FC ang concern, find other choices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2008 Toyota camry vs escape FC