New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    When is the Evo X coming over here (local distributor not grey market importer) ? I will be getting one if things go to plan.

Is the STi a manual or does it have paddle shifters like the Evo X ? Im a manu-matic guy kasi hehehe.
    actually 6spd /mt lang talaga STI, with DCCD and SI knob i believe. i think STI never beat the Evo X, but the later just beat itself. well, let's see if the performance will further improve.

for me i just can't get enough savoring the rumble of the Boxer Engine, right fanbois?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    tsk tsk tsk.. better watch your language and how you degrade a school, meron mga tsikoteers na nag-aaral or graduate galing sa school na yan.
    btw may mini-EB mga Subbie boys tom 4pm at Westgate Alabang. baka mapadaan ka lang.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    parang mother hen si hvb when it comes to subies. :hihihi:

is it sacrilegious, being a subie owner, to say that i like the evo better? i'm just not diggin' the hatch thing.
    No. In fact some of us Subaru owners have owned DSM's or Mitsubishis before so going back to our roots is "ok" as i am a former Mitsu owner myself and i might show up with an Evo IX one day..if i ever find a used MR with low miles hehe. The only brand im not going back to is Honda and i don't know why?

The Evo is now porky with it's weight gain and but has a very nice interior, a new 4B11T engine, S-AWC AWD, 5 speed M/T, It now comes with the optional SST sportshift (standard on MR models) and all the electronics/gadgets you can ever think of.

The STI on the other hand is round, wide and a hatch sort if like an egg hahaha..It comes in 6 speed only with DCCD, SI drive, a taut 2.5T boxer EJ257 (too bad the USDM STI models doesn't come equipped with a twin scroll turbo), bland styling interior (again JDM models have nicer bucket seats).

Both cars grew up and shouldn't we?

I guess it should be EVO X vs. 08 STI & Lancer Ralliart (2009?) vs. 08 Impreza WRX

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    OT:
    i admit i'm a subaru fanboi too but i don't hate mitsu.
    my cousin has an evo IX and i always drool when i ride with him. though i have driven the pignose 07 STI, i only have the non-turbo 04 imprezza 2.5 RS as my daily driver.

it has served me well and it never has any maintainance issues. i've driven it on snow covered roads and on the icy chicago tri-state in winter with confidence. I've made 2 roundtrips straight (resting only on gas stops) from chicago to orlando with a smile on my face all the way.

Now i'm saving for that 08 STI to give my trusty 2.5RS some rest...
    anybody wants to make a donation?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Buti pa nga Mitsu may MR version sila na LHD at malaki market coverage nila. unlike Subbie, yung Spec-c nila or S204 puro RHD ( AFAIK) limited production lang. sarap sana itapat nito sa MR.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ^^Boss ito ang katapat nila

Evo IX MR = STI Spec C RA

Evo IX RS = STI Spec C Type RA-R

Evo IX = STI

Now, ang STI S204 at STI A-Line ay "Limited" versions po lamang and yes those are RHD versions only

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HyBrideVo View Post
    ^^Boss ito ang katapat nila

Evo IX MR = STI Spec C RA

Evo IX RS = STI Spec C Type RA-R

Evo IX = STI

Now, ang STI S204 at STI A-Line ay "Limited" versions po lamang and yes those are RHD versions only
    thanks for that clarification. i though RS na lowest trim nila. kasi sa mga napuntahan ko( pinas, hk, china,indonesia) yan ang nakikita kong binebenta. non-recaro seats, no cd/cassette player at ala yata AYC.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    thanks for that clarification. i though RS na lowest trim nila. kasi sa mga napuntahan ko( pinas, hk, china,indonesia) yan ang nakikita kong binebenta. non-recaro seats, no cd/cassette player at ala yata AYC.
    Yes it is the lowest trim and true in some countries they don't have AYC even here in the States they don't . The Evo RS together with the Spec C Type RA-R are considered "bare or stripped out models" and are built to compete against each other. The Evo MR competes against the similarly equipped STI Spec C and the standard Evo model over the standard STI.

For instance, the USDM 03-04 Evo doesn't have ACD so it really depends on the market for every country.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Walang katapat yung special edition variants ng Impreza sa Evo line. Traditionally yung Mitsubishi hindi talaga mahilig mag labas ng special editions, si Subaru gustong gusto. I think Mitsubishi's stance is more of "tune it yourself".

Past subaru special editions:
    JDM:
    GC WRX Type RA
    GC STI Type R
    GC STI P1
    GC STI 22B
    GD S202
    GD Spec C Type-RA
    GD S203
    GD Spec C Type-RA 2005
    GD S204
    GD Spec C Type-RA-R

UKDM/EDM:
    GC STI P1
    GD STI WR1
    GD STI RB320
    GD STI Type-20
    GD STI Type-25
    GD WRX GB270

Ang nakakalito sa Mitsubishi, yung pag gamit nila ng "MR" badge iba sa JDM at sa international market.

Initial Release Evo IX JDM:
    GSR - 6 speed, SAYC, ACD
    RS 5mt - 5 speed, ACD, lightweight, titanium-magnesium turbo
    RS 6mt - 6 speed, ACD, lightweight, titanium-magnesium turbo
    GT - 5 speed, ACD

For the US market release, they rebadged the original "GSR" into "MR", and released the "GT" as the plain "Evo IX".

After a while, nag-release sa JDM ng MR models. These are the "true" MR models, pero wala silang counterpart sa US/international market.

MR GSR - tweaked version of the original GSR
    MR RS - tweaked version of the original RS

Germany is a special case. They have the same models as the original JDM lineup, but in LHD. So yung GDM Evo IX GSR may S-AYC, JDM bumpers and all. AFAIK There is one such car on local soil: red Evo IX GSR.

To address demand for dealer "special editions", the Mitsubishi distributor in the UK came up with their own FQ-series special editions. The number stands for HP output.

FQ320
    FQ340
    FQ400 (evo VIII only)
    FQ360 (evo IX only, replaces the FQ400)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The STI Spec-C is basically equivalent to the Evolution RS, both cars are lightweight, stripped down from the factory. Pero yung special versions like Spec-C Type RA, at Type RA-R walang equivalent Evolution. Para kasi silang "factory tuned" cars na.

Aside form the Spec-C based Type RA series, meron din S20x series si Subaru. Ito naman yung tuned street car series nila, which are based on the regular STIs.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI vs. Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X