New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The Benz looks better now. Looks more classy and rich! I'd pick it over the BMW!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    you win!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The 3 will be a better steer, but only for the truly dedicated... the new C-Class is reputed to be more than halfway decent in this department, as well.
    BMW drives nicely also but with very bad Manila traffic, I think a stiff steering wheel is not the best thing to have hehe.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hello.
    we just got our C200K Avantgarde last November. I'm based in Cebu now and was able to test both cars.
    the 3-series was just so bland compared to the C200K.
    the Merc offered more features in its package than what the 3-series had.
    (i.e. bluetooth phone connectivity, comand system, parking sensors etc...)
    which were absent on the 3-series.
    the 3-series didnt even have the i-drive system, only back-up sensors, no bluetooth connectivity, no ambient lighting (hehehe) among other things.
    drive wise, suspension on the merc is great, handling is also good (hugging corners not a problem), steering is a breeze, plus the onboard computer system is very high-tech (tells you when maintenance is due & other important stuff).
    i also noticed the rear legroom in the Merc is a bit bigger than the 3series.
    (my size12 feet scraped the B-pillar when disembarking/getting in on Bimmer)
    bottomline, more bang for your buck.
    just go and see for yourself.
    i wouldn't even recommend buying a 3series (that's what the agent told me. hehehe),
    if you do want a bmw, go straight to the 5series.
    WAY better for just a million more.

also, i agree, as my eyes got used to the C200, i noticed it does look a lot like the rear of the new city. very odd. as with its headlamps and that of a kia rio's! although, you must bear in mind that it took 7 years for them to design and make the W204, so it would be insulting to even just think that they copied it from kia or honda. more believable if they copied it from MB. hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Well...there's no such thing as a genuinely original mass-produced car anymore. Just bear that in mind

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    [QUOTE=AG4;1007644]
    Weakest part of the new C-class is probably the rear styling.
    ..reminds me of the Honda City.
    QUOTE]

hahaha

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Id go for the C200 the avantgarde model.. thers a classic c200 too.. the avantgarde is more of a sporty type :0 new style...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The trims are named differently depending on where you go. Here's a Phils-US comparison:

Elegance = Luxury
    Avantgarde = Sport

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2008 MB C200K or BMW 320i