New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus26 View Post
    if you are to choose a Honda better yet check Honda VCM643. Honda VCM43 is quite a versatile version of Honda car its new system enables you to switch between six, four and three cylinder engine operations. It also has a unique deactivation system wherein cylinders #3 and #4 will be auto disengages in both rear and front banks when you are under the light load or in steady cruising. During low speed travel or descending, #1, #2. And #3 cylinders in the rear is also disengages maintaining 3 cylinders running your engine—talk about fuel economy! This and all does not reduce the performance expected for the V6 engine of your Honda VCM43 it only optimizes and saves you fuel.

Honda VCM43 only activates the engine’s cylinder as needed either by acceleration or fuel efficiency. It can be breakdown as this: if you use a 6 cylinder mode as naturally your engine kicks a full power V6 engine at its best, while you’re in 4 cylinder mode, both power and fuel efficiency is achieved, but when you want an all the way fuel efficiency and savings go for a 3 cylinder mode. Now that’s diversity in power options and fuel management alternative. Take note that when you choose the 3 cylinder mode of the Honda VCM43 the power is still there. now that i think will help you to decide.
    While the VCM sounds interesting, the overall efficiency of the Honda 3.5 engine isn't the best it can be. A recent Motortrend test saw the Accord V6 with an average economy of 18.5 mpg only, as compared to the Camry that did 20.2. Any efficiency benefits can probably be seen only during highway cruising, since a heavy car cannot rely on just some of the cylinders to pull its weight in stop-go traffic and regular city driving.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Camry for me

i agree, the Accord's styling is a bit awkward, too much BMW 5 and 7 series styling cues on it

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The 2.4 Accord has more features than the 2.4 Camry for roughly the same price. Features like VSA and side airbags. So for the 2.4's I'd go for the Accord.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yun ba yung usdm na camry?
    the one with narrower headlamps
    and tail lights? how come that
    is the same model which is in
    singapore? i prefer it. looks a
    wee bit "younger". hehehe.

but i prefer the mazda6!

by the way, why wasn't this model
    released in the philippines? i believe
    this was the model preceeding the
    2008 model. i prefer it's simple lines.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    *Laracroft, that's the European Accord, here in the US it's the Acura TSX. It's smaller than the normal Accord for some reason. I think there's a lineup of Acura sedans but are marketed elsewhere. There's the CSX (Canadian Civic I think), then this TSX (Euro Accord) and of course the popular RSX (here in the US it replaced the Integra). I think those are the more sporty ones (?) but there's also the Acura TL (similar to the Accord now), and the Acura RL (more like the flagship of Honda sedans).

Sorry for getting OT I think it's also good to mention since it's somewhat part of the line up rin.

Now that I've seen both in the flesh - both Honda Accords here in the US and there in Manila, as well as Toyota Camrys here and there - I would rather go with the cars there if only for looks. The ones here are too ... watch-me-I'm-sporty ... while back there it's more luxurious with matching alloys (here it's mostly plastic wheel covers - yuck!). If you see the Accord here you'll probably remember the BMW, and that trunk isn't as appealing to me without the additional tail light lenses on the trunklid - looks more upmarket to me that way.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    us version of camry is different from Southeast asian versions. ours is better.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by skapunkboy01 View Post
    us version of camry is different from Southeast asian versions. ours is better.
    And how do you know it's better?

Given the fact that you aren't old even to have a driver's license yet.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Accord is better

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    And how do you know it's better?

Given the fact that you aren't old even to have a driver's license yet.
    :hysterical: So, he's here now ?

-

Anyways, going back to the topic. Accord for me. ;)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
2008 Honda Accord or Toyota Camry