New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd go for a pearl white camry. 3.5Q if budget permits

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have the same dilemma. Sometimes I want to replace my 03 Accord CP with the new Camry but I opt to wait for the next gen Accord before I make my move.

Wait for the 08 Accord, test drive it, kesa bili ka Camry ngayon tapos pag nakita mo yung new gen Accord magandahan ka e magsisi ka...Ako mas biased ako sa Accord mainly because it has an M/T V6 option + coupe version unlike the Camry's A/T lang and sedan only. Pag gusto mo coupe iba na hitsura (Solara na, which is not my type). Pero kung may coupe na Camry, mas malilito ako.

Mas malakas nga lang ang V6 ng Camry(3.5L) vs. Accord(3.0L). At least dito sa US.

My 03 Accord e oks pa naman, not much interior cranks with 34K miles on it. No problems.

Pero Sedan to Sedan, and present generations considered, I like the Camry's exterior and interior (baka sawa nako sa Accord ko, hehe) more. Other things considered, arguably the same reliability ratings and resale values so wlang talo IMO. But like I said, I think it's better to wait a little more...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SNAKE V6 View Post
    I have the same dilemma. Sometimes I want to replace my 03 Accord CP with the new Camry but I opt to wait for the next gen Accord before I make my move.

Wait for the 08 Accord, test drive it, kesa bili ka Camry ngayon tapos pag nakita mo yung new gen Accord magandahan ka e magsisi ka...Ako mas biased ako sa Accord mainly because it has an M/T V6 option + coupe version unlike the Camry's A/T lang and sedan only. Pag gusto mo coupe iba na hitsura (Solara na, which is not my type). Pero kung may coupe na Camry, mas malilito ako.

Mas malakas nga lang ang V6 ng Camry(3.5L) vs. Accord(3.0L). At least dito sa US.

My 03 Accord e oks pa naman, not much interior cranks with 34K miles on it. No problems.

Pero Sedan to Sedan, and present generations considered, I like the Camry's exterior and interior (baka sawa nako sa Accord ko, hehe) more. Other things considered, arguably the same reliability ratings and resale values so wlang talo IMO. But like I said, I think it's better to wait a little more...
    Snake, oo nga hintay ka na lang when the 08 Accord arrives, but why would you want to trade-in your fairly new coupe? I have a co-worker here na may 03 Accord coupe V6 din, ginawa niya pinalitan niya buo yung likod (butt-end) ng '06/'07 with led tail lights na, ni-lowered niya ng more than 2 inches and he dropped an Injen CAI, pina dyno test niya twice and he said he gain 13 and 15 hp respectively. FYI they stop making the Solara (fugly!!! di ko din type) sa '07. So if you want a coupe, Accord is the way to go or the all new Altima.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Still the 07 camry.. it's bit look like some cars of lexus.. nice ass and front.. luxury + comfort

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sir, in my opinion, stick w/ the V (1.646m)variant P215k difference from the G (1.431m) variant. if you have seen the V variant, ma-turn off kana sa G (base model).

for P215k difference you have th ff:
    leather seats beige din (fabric na dumihin beige color)
    rear electronic sunshade (G manual sunshade)
    tri color optitron guage (G -optitron not tri color)
    8 way power front seats
    2 way rear reclining electronic seats
    cruise control
    immobilizer (G - alarm only)

hope this helps.

and if you decide on the Camry, pila na kayo. months yata waiting time for a unit.

i've seen the accord, interior wise panalo camry, ang gusto ko lang sa accord, yun buttons (for audio) nya sa steering wheel hindi naka usli unlike the camry na ma pindot mo accidentally. while maneuvering. i hope you understand what i mean .

my choice, 2.4V Camry over the Accord.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMcQueen View Post

I have actually seen, up close, a number of 2.4Vs already. It seems to be the most in-demand variant. I've been meaning to look at the base 2.4G, for comparative purposes, but have not had the luck so far. I, too, am impressed with the luxurious interiors and the curvaceous appeal of the new design. It's appeal is buttressed by it winning "Car of the Year" honors, stateside.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Kung bibili ka ng bagong Camry, I suggest you go for the 3.5Q version.

For exactly 2M pesos, you get a newer engine (na may Dual VVTI na), 6-speed tranny with manual mode, 2 extra side airbags (aside from the dual airbags), Smart Key with pushbutton start, VSC (bukod sa standard Traction Control) and in-dash 6 CD changer (with MP3/WMA playback support).

If you do want an Accord though, don't buy the current one (it's ugly and poorly-equipped). Hintayin mo nalang yung bagong model na dadating next year.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas View Post
    Snake, oo nga hintay ka na lang when the 08 Accord arrives, but why would you want to trade-in your fairly new coupe? I have a co-worker here na may 03 Accord coupe V6 din, ginawa niya pinalitan niya buo yung likod (butt-end) ng '06/'07 with led tail lights na, ni-lowered niya ng more than 2 inches and he dropped an Injen CAI, pina dyno test niya twice and he said he gain 13 and 15 hp respectively. FYI they stop making the Solara (fugly!!! di ko din type) sa '07. So if you want a coupe, Accord is the way to go or the all new Altima.
    I ask myself the same question... whenever I get tempted. Changing the butt would be too costly considering mine still looks very fine.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have a 2007 3.5Q Camry and a 2005 2.4VTi-L Accord. For power and speed I'd go with my Camry, but no fair since it's got a much bigger engine.

The Accord has better steering and handling than the Camry. Actually, my wife always compares its handling to our smaller BMW 120i. It's accurate and gives good feedback. I think the Camry's steering is a bit too light. Another thing you'll need to get used to with the Camry is its brakes. Man, nakakagulat! Kasi ang lalim, pagtapak mo akala mo wala tapos biglang wham lakas naman ng preno. I actually complained this to the dealer and they tested it and said there was nothing wrong with the brakes. Ganun daw talaga ang Camry!

The issue with the rear center console is actually quite common, as per my dealer's. Yung sa akin first week pa lang sira na. The dealer replaced the console but it took about a month and a half since they had to order the thing from overseas. TI think this was back in September 2006. Siguro, by now this has been rectified.

I don't know if the 2.4-liter version of the Camry has the same interior features as the 3.5Q's. The Camry's interior is a lot better than the Accord's. Like all seats are motorized (Accord's is driver's only). Curtains in the back. Aircon vents sa likod. Rear console audio and A/C controls. Ayoko lang nung kulay ng interior ng 2.4. The 3.5 has black interior. Tamad kasi siguro ako maglinis, hehehe.

Para sa akin, mas gusto ko styling ng Camry, loob at labas. Accord sa handling. But if you can stretch the budget, go for the 3.5Q.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by J97 View Post
    Sir, in my opinion, stick w/ the V (1.646m)variant P215k difference from the G (1.431m) variant. if you have seen the V variant, ma-turn off kana sa G (base model).

for P215k difference you have th ff:
    leather seats beige din (fabric na dumihin beige color)
    rear electronic sunshade (G manual sunshade)
    tri color optitron guage (G -optitron not tri color)
    8 way power front seats
    2 way rear reclining electronic seats
    cruise control
    immobilizer (G - alarm only)

hope this helps.

and if you decide on the Camry, pila na kayo. months yata waiting time for a unit.

i've seen the accord, interior wise panalo camry, ang gusto ko lang sa accord, yun buttons (for audio) nya sa steering wheel hindi naka usli unlike the camry na ma pindot mo accidentally. while maneuvering. i hope you understand what i mean .

my choice, 2.4V Camry over the Accord.
    i have to agree, the 2.4v's amenities are well worth the P215k difference and add immeasurably to the luxurious ambience of the car. just to correct, the 2.4v doesn't have tri-color optitron gauges as stated in toyota's brochure. there's supposed to be a button on the left hand side of the instrument cluster to change the color but it is missing on my car...no big deal since it is kind of a cheesy feature for this class.

my current gas mileage city driving (alone most of the time) varies from 5-7km/l. ride is good and handling stable (though i haven't had the chance to really cane it on a twisty stretch yet). my main beef still has to do with the interior squeaks and rattles that have cropped up so soon (1400+kms). there are also some ergonomic flaws (small, unlit central power lock button, inaccessible power mirror controls, oddly angled power window switches blocked by arm rest grab handle) and the engine is smooth but underwhelming (acceleration can best be described as "deliberate").

if you have the means, get a 3.5L version. i doubt it will use that much more fuel (it might even be more economical since the engine can easily cope with the car's weight, which means less mashing of the gas pedal) and the keyless start/stop button adds exotic eurocar sophistication in a car less than half, or even a third the price of similarly sized/equipped euro marques).

still and all, if honda's '08-'09 accord matches the looks of the current camry, i would swap cars in a heartbeat...honda's engineering sophistication (double wishbone vs struts, VTEC variable valve timing AND lift control vs VVTI variable valve timing), excellent build quality and peerless ergonomic excellence trumps toyota in my book. now if only honda stylists could catch up with their engineers...

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yeah, I stil prefer Honda's over Toyota's in the sedan arena, handling is better and the body's tighter. Not to mention the aftermarket support (if you're into it..). The Accord's brakes IMO is not that easy to modulate because it's sticky, but it's more confident than the Camry's in my foot's opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2008 Accord or 2007 Camry