New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Going back to the escape vs. tucson discussion, I have also heared that the escape shall be having a serious facelifting soon. Sooner that the arrival of the Tucson 2010 here in the Phils. It would be a huge turn-off to buy the escape now if that is the case...
    The Escape has been facelifted eternally as far as I recall. If you are alluding to the USDM facelift, then that would be nice. What do you mean "serious" --a totally new model---I really doubt it. Even a diesel option seems to be farfetched. What would shake the market if the Escape would be phased out in favor of the Ford Kuga.

Teka muna. You need the vehicle, right? Judge it by its capabilities not what would happen in the future. This thinking would just lead to frustrations. There will always be a better, newer option down the line the next time. Choose the present not the future.

By the way, if you are not into MPVs and felt constrained in the SUV for a million budget, I suggest you get a GLS Strada ---5 seater, carlike amenities, not so big cargo hold -it can basically work as a "family vehicle" plus has a go-anywhere attitude with its 4x4 capabilities plus a bigger space for luggage that the CUVs cannot compare. For the the price of a little more than 1.1M.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Going back to the escape vs. tucson discussion, I have also heared that the escape shall be having a serious facelifting soon. Sooner that the arrival of the Tucson 2010 here in the Phils. It would be a huge turn-off to buy the escape now if that is the case...
    The Escape has been facelifted eternally as far as I recall. If you are alluding to the USDM facelift, then that would be nice. What do you mean "serious" --a totally new model---I really doubt it. Even a diesel option seems to be farfetched. What would shake the market if the Escape would be phased out in favor of the Ford Kuga.

Teka muna. You need the vehicle, right? Judge it by its capabilities not what would happen in the future. This thinking would just lead to frustrations. There will always be a better, newer option down the line the next time. Choose the present not the future.

By the way, if you are not into MPVs and felt constrained in the SUV for a million budget, I suggest you get a GLS Strada ---5 seater, carlike amenities, not so big cargo hold -it can basically work as a "family vehicle" plus has a go-anywhere attitude with its 4x4 capabilities plus a bigger space for luggage that the CUVs cannot compare. For the the price of a little more than 1.1M.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I cant move up the budget to 1.1M Eniwei, Thanks for the great help Gerbo I'll post a picture of my car soon...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    in case you have not made your purchase yet, i just dropped by NMPI yesterday to schedule my 5K PMS tomorrow..

they have the 09 extreme blast promo, or something to that effect and they suited the Xtrail with new kits and boosted the free PMS to 20K Kms!

gwapo cia for me

check it out if you have time pa.

good luck on your new ride!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    *wilderness: sir ubos na po talaga mga gas na tucson. stop production na sa korea as per HARI kaya wla na din po saten.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2008 2.0 A/T Nissan Xtrail vs. 2009 2.0 A/T Hyundai Tucson