New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by take1bar View Post
    pajero king of dakar but patrol is still the choice of psg
    I think the Pajero Evolution MPR(?) is the King of the Dakar. Base model Pajero's isn't there yet. But the traction technology, monocoque chassis etc has it already.

All I want to see is the Pajero being equipped by the same Kinetic Suspension found in the Pajero Evo but tuned for the base model.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ill go for the new pajero

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako patrol pa din, matibay because of the solid front and rear axle, big space, iba ang dating ng patrol...intimidation factor( ala PSG). hehehe. im sure the patrol is cheaper to maintain than the pajero. but kung brand new talaga, lugi ka pag buy mo patrol. pajero nalang but if 2nd hand, the patrol is the better deal. facelifted lang naman din kasi yung 07 pajero. so only a matter of preference lang.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by take1bar View Post
    pajero king of dakar but patrol is still the choice of psg
    Why is the Patrol "still the choice of psg"?
    Most probably because of its raw power and brute force, not to mention its solid axle. The Patrol can take you anywhere you want at anytime.
    Indeed, the Pajero is also a good vehicle. But I prefer the Patrol.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for those who really want a tough rig, go for the patrol......kaya it's the choice of the PSGs as well as aussies that do a lot with their SUVs.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oknamlarry View Post
    Why is the Patrol "still the choice of psg"?
    Most probably because of its raw power and brute force, not to mention its solid axle. The Patrol can take you anywhere you want at anytime.
    Indeed, the Pajero is also a good vehicle. But I prefer the Patrol.
    Patrols are a good choice to aussies because of the solid front axle. yes it is powerful but here have been issues with the engine as well. Hey its the reason why a lot of offroaders turned away from LC100, except if the 105 is available to them locally.

If you compare a Pajero and a Patrol in stock form, I bet the Pajero can go where the Patrol can (just add a little lift by some offroaders because some said its too low but some brochure says it rides 235mm high) even if the Pajero wears on-road tires. Well, indeed Patrol is superior because of the SFA (easier to mod) but the Pajero impresses. Why is it that they still the choice of PSG? its because it is easier to mod and they do offroading in the hard way. In my opinion "hard way" offroading for me means irresponsible offroading since you want to conquer almost anything squashing everything in its way. Unlike stock offroaders they do less harm in the trail or at green lane. Well its my opinion lang, please dont be mad, since di naman lahat ng offroading freak ganun. Another reason is may be, is because they live in the mountains most of the time and comfort is not a big deal.

hehehe... Saw that TV commercial already, its too unreal since we just heard a Patrol being bombed (forgot the where it is) and it was deformed.

Pajero dissapoints because of the High GRade Fabric Seats. Still feels like a base model for me. But technology and innovation really impresses especially when you go offroading.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I'll go for Patrol cause I want peace of mind . Ilalaban ko Patrol for reliability and toughness, and 4wd capability compare sa LC, Range Rover (Isama mo na other Land Rover SUV's), and Pajero.

Patrol used by UN in their droves not only PSG. ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I'll go for Pajero kasi its the original SUV here in the philippines remember the Pajero gen 1? tyka iba ang respeto pag Pajero..

Pajeros are used by private military contractors in Iraq and afghanistan in droves also.. and actually some of the western and eastern bloc countries that operate in Iraq and afghanistan also use the pajero as VIP vehicles and security vehicles.. saw one being used by the german minister of defense in a recent visit to Iraq..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jcastillo932 View Post
    I'll go for Patrol cause I want peace of mind . Ilalaban ko Patrol for reliability and toughness, and 4wd capability compare sa LC, Range Rover (Isama mo na other Land Rover SUV's), and Pajero.

Patrol used by UN in their droves not only PSG. ;)
    Reliability and toughness and 4wd capability are indeed one of Patrols superior factor because of its SFA and SRA.

But the Pajero still impresses because its proven the world that the inferior all independent suspension can go outback as well. Its independent suspension also proved a fighter, durable and reliable as well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2007 Patrol Super Safari vs 2007 Pajero