New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I would second the motion. The most recent car blog from Consumer Reports mention that Toyota RAV4 and Hyundai Santa Fe are far better than the Outlander. See this link:
    http://blogs.consumerreports.org/car...ishi_outl.html

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    QUOTE]number001 Quote:
    Originally Posted by centum
    Kamukha talaga ng L-200 pickup ang front ng Outlander. Medyo binawasan na yata yung lapad ng grills from previous model!

Mas malaki ba ang Outlander kaysa sa SF?

Based on my own observations, the Sta Fe is bigger (or spacious) than the Outlander. Although both vehicles (the outlander, in some markets) are capable of carrying seven passengers, the passenger space in the third row of outlander is literally enough only for the likes of Frodo or mini-me.

Between the two, I would get the diesel Sta Fe anytime. I have test driven this for a few kilometers and I'm really impressed with the engine response (thanks to the VGT).

I would second the motion. The most recent car blog from Consumer Reports mention that Toyota RAV4 and Hyundai Santa Fe are far better than the Outlander. See this link:
    http://blogs.consumerreports.org/car...ishi_outl.html[/

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if any of you plan to get the outlander, do not opt for the white one, sadly IMO walang dating pag white...bland tingnan...pero pag black wowowi!!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by docSUVfan View Post
    QUOTE]number001 Quote:
    Originally Posted by centum
    Kamukha talaga ng L-200 pickup ang front ng Outlander. Medyo binawasan na yata yung lapad ng grills from previous model!

Mas malaki ba ang Outlander kaysa sa SF?

Based on my own observations, the Sta Fe is bigger (or spacious) than the Outlander. Although both vehicles (the outlander, in some markets) are capable of carrying seven passengers, the passenger space in the third row of outlander is literally enough only for the likes of Frodo or mini-me.

Between the two, I would get the diesel Sta Fe anytime. I have test driven this for a few kilometers and I'm really impressed with the engine response (thanks to the VGT).

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/car...ishi_outl.html[/

but do these US spec Rav4 and sta. fe share the same specs as those being offered locally here in the Phil.? I think the comparisons given by CR are based on the V6 variants of the Rav4 and Sta. Fe (240+ hp V6 not like the 175 hp v6 offered locally). So again, i would take this somewhat biased opinion of CR very lightly. test drive! test drive! test drive! so that you know what you're getting

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    if any of you plan to get the outlander, do not opt for the white one, sadly IMO walang dating pag white...bland tingnan...pero pag black wowowi!!
    white outlander

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    thats a brochure or poster pic kaya maganda, pero sa actual hindi

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    thats a brochure or poster pic kaya maganda, pero sa actual hindi
    ah ok. Tsaka yan yung sa u.s. version di ba?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    nope JDM ang nasa brochure... dami trim levels basta sa Japan...

Consumer reports.
    -They said there have been problems with AM/FM receiver.
    - A clank sound
    - wind noise
    - and no other trims to choose.

*the Josh - can you confirm this clank sound? wind noise is normal during high speeds. but the clank sound is what americans are experiencing and the am/fm receiver.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Nag-test drive kami kanina on the stretch of C-5. All i can say it an awesome SUV. Very responsive yung 2.2Crdi engine. Lakas ng arangkada. I hit 130Kph w/ ease, sabi ng kasama kong SA na pwede ko pa raw ihataw . Swabe ang suspension, balewala ang mga potholes at luxurious ang leather seat trim at foded 3rd row seat.Natuwa si kumander at sure ball na yta sya sa SF. Kulay na lang ang pinagtatalunan ng mga bata. They dont like dark colors. It is a toss between Titanium Blue and Silver.
    Mas spacious nga ang Santa Fe kaysa sa Outlander. OK sya sa 7 seater!

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    nope JDM ang nasa brochure... dami trim levels basta sa Japan...

Consumer reports.
    -They said there have been problems with AM/FM receiver.
    - A clank sound
    - wind noise
    - and no other trims to choose.

*the Josh - can you confirm this clank sound? wind noise is normal during high speeds. but the clank sound is what americans are experiencing and the am/fm receiver.
    I haven't experienced the "clank sound " and the AM/FM problem yet, and yes there's a bit of wind noise at high speeds but it doesn't bother me, I just turn up the volume of my Fosgate stereo but seriously , it's no big deal, Its not a Lexus or a Benz anyway. I have the 7 seater, 2.4L JDM G spec model imported by our local Mitsu dealer, also comes w/ 3 years bumper to bumper warranty and 10 years warranty on the powertrain
    Last edited by the josh; April 28th, 2007 at 09:21 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2007 Outlander GLS or 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 Crdi?