New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    My family's had 2 accords and 3 civics. Both were incredible reliability, resale-value, and fuel economy wise.Yung civic's were sold after 5 years. Sa experience kasi namin yun ang best time interval for replacement. Actually, OK pa sila ... waaay ok. Kaya lang yung road noise at riding comfort malaki-laki na ang dineteriorate.Yung accord namen, inaantay namen mag-deteriorate, 6 na taon na mahigit wala pa din. Binenta na din finally on the 7th year simply because sawang sawa na kami sa itsura niya.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yan na pala ung gwaping na Accord eh! 7th gen na =) In my opinion, sa looks talong talo ang Civic na Alien-like ung front nya. Atari Zero is right, have it repaired na lang plus custom rims hahahaha. Walang binatbat Civic jan!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    for me, ill go accord

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by robbythor View Post
    yes, sir! it's the 2.0 i-vtec. it's pretty fast when i test drove this morning. hinataw ko mula sa u-turn from eastwood upto sa u-turn sa ortigas extension. mabilis naman. ayoko nung 2.4 version. nasira yung accord dun sa pagpalit nung napakapangit na pwet. parang hinati. i like this version better. ganda ng tindig eh. lalo na yung pwet. ganda nung tail light red and white.

so the civic is the main choice here... alright. will go to honda tomorrow to submit my requirements. just hope my financing gets approved.

thanks everyone! kung may insights pa kayo tuloy lang. papa-process ko pa lang naman yung application for financing. dun sa accord kase na-approve na ako. upto next week pa ang aking final decision. really appreciate the replies. thanks!
    Well good for you if the 2.0 feels fast. When I tested one like this, I feel that even my Corolla can outrun it. Though this has yet to be proven, I just feel that the engine is struggling to haul all that mass. But I can assure you that if you continue driving that Accord quickly, you will need bottomless gasoline.

About the 2.4, there's a pre-buttlifted version of it. This engine should be just right for the Accord's size.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by robbythor View Post
    great! thanks for the replies fellow tsikoteers!

still haven't decided yet though. words cannot express how much i love this website. it has become my daily routine. galeng! :D

here are some pics of the accord:
    http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?im...0070022vi1.jpg
    http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02152007ip6.jpg
    http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2007001pj8.jpg
    The accord looks nice! Paint looks like it's in great condition.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Very nice maintained accord based on the pics.. having driven both cars.. I will have to go for the Accord..very nice handling and seats.. important ang seats for Manila's traffic and long drives..sakit sa likod ng Civic..mas mahal mag pa doctor...

Nde naman ganun kalaki ang 3km/L difference ng Accord vs Civic.. if you are driving 30km per day.. that's 4+ liters for Accord and 3 liters for the Civic..mga 40 petot a day lang naman yung difference... 40 petot for the added luxury and comfort..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    thanks everyone. i chose the accord and placed a down payment already kanina. will have it released next friday because of the paperworks and stuff. tsaka my dad chose the accord din as well.

will post some pics here when it arrives in our garage na.

thanks again everyone! peace! :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the accord is really a great car. even the first 2.0 accords with 15" wheels are very lovely to drive; I don't find them too underpowered even on the highway. marvelous steering, excellent ergonomics, superb instruments, very good stock audio, amazing quality... you will simply NOT go wrong with this car!

I find the Civic a bit too faddish inside and out, especially the spaceship dashboard. not a bad car at all and the engine and drivetrain are very good, but I'll take the used Accord over a new Civic myself. the used Accord will be a bargain.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh, and by the way, 10 km/L on a Civic is most likely a wishful estimate. More like 7.5 to 8.5 km/L in typical city driving.

the 2.0 accord should be good for about 6.5 km/l at least.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    bro, kung may family k at you need spacious car then get the accord pro kung para syo lng or wat i meant is binata k then take n civic...pro sbi nga ng lahat ng tsikoteers eh civic since it is brand new take it... tsaka hindi mo namn alam kung FSH ngang orig b bigay syo ng may ari ng acoord. pano kung hindi lagi s casa pinapa-service yan?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2007 civic vs. 2004 accord