The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    What repair is this if I may ask?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    Yup my fd is all stock. Argh. Ganda nung view sa fd. Napaisip isip tuloy ako. Its a really nice car. Sir gti do you own an fd yourself? Should i keep mine for a while longer? I think the look of fd can still match the newer cars around. I still drive it proudly. The repair will cost around 70k. Although theres no rush. Should i go for the repair even if its too costly? Or sell it and get a lancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup my fd is all stock. Argh. Ganda nung view sa fd. Napaisip isip tuloy ako. Its a really nice car. Sir gti do you own an fd yourself? Should i keep mine for a while longer? I think the look of fd can still match the newer cars around. I still drive it proudly. The repair will cost around 70k. Although theres no rush. Should i go for the repair even if its too costly? Or sell it and get a lancer.
    Ano ba ang sira? Why does it cost 70k to fix? ABS sensor ba yun? What's the mileage of your FD now? If my guess is correct, and you're still satisfied with your car, I suggest you keep it for a few more years. Just make sure it looks fresh. 3 step detailing, a good set of well matched rims and perhaps an HID kit should still be able to turn heads.

No, we don't have an FD. We do have two Accord's though. A 2004 3.0V6 and a 2005 2.4. A close family friend has a white 2010 FD 2.0S A/T. Very nice car. Sitting inside is almost like sitting in an Accord, despite technically being a compact sedan, it doesn't feel "compact" at all. This car was able to hold its own against our V6 Accord in an impromptu drag race in NLEX. In fact the Accord had to reach triple digit speeds before it starts pulling away. I'd say the lighter weight and paddle shifters had a big impact.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Power steering. May fluid leak. Ang quote ng honda service 70k++ since masyado mahal pinagawa namin sa talyer. May pinalitan lang na part. Less than 1k. No leaks anymore. So i dont really know if i should believe honda. Its been a month and my power steering fluid is still full. Unlike before na every 2-3 weeks tumitigas na manibela and need to refill again. Pero just to be safe and to salvage whatever resale value it still has Naisipan namin ibenta. Although yung creedibility nung casa talagang questionable for me.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemike07 View Post
    Power steering. May fluid leak. Ang quote ng honda service 70k++ since masyado mahal pinagawa namin sa talyer. May pinalitan lang na part. Less than 1k. No leaks anymore. So i dont really know if i should believe honda. Its been a month and my power steering fluid is still full. Unlike before na every 2-3 weeks tumitigas na manibela and need to refill again. Pero just to be safe and to salvage whatever resale value it still has Naisipan namin ibenta. Although yung creedibility nung casa talagang questionable for me.
    Maraming mga casa ganon talaga. Kaunting sira lang ipagpapalitan ng buo. I suggest you go to a bigger, more specialized garage to see if what was done was merely "remedyo" or was really the end of the problem. I say observe muna for at least a few months. If in that span of time it happens again, 1k ulit then benta.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Hahaha. Good advice. Although icoconsult ko pa muna sa family ko. Gusto na talaga nila ibenta eh. Im fine either way. I like my car and who doesnt want a bnew vehicle? Thanks for all the input!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    If a month na yan at ok pa most likely ok na yan..yung pajero ko ganyan din may tagas ps, ganun din gastos may pinalitan lang na goma ayos na..

I dont think small repairs like that would be a reason to sell a car and spend additional hundreds of thousands for a new one..unless gusto mo na talaga magpalit o kaya may matinding gastusin talaga na hopeless..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2007 civic fd 1.8 for a brandnew lancer ex 1.6. Worth it?