New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i got interested by this thread.

one hardly sees current-generation Lancers on the street although there still is a trickle of them being sold.

what is the value proposition of the sub-2.0L Lancers? looks to me it's either you are a diehard Mitsu fan, or it's simply price.

Is it still true that the entry-level Lancer (1.6 GL MT?) is still sub-700k? at that price, I can see why people would buy it. But the higher-end variants are right smack in the middle, price-wise, of Mazda3, Ford Focus, Civic FD territory.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I plan to buy this model as well. I really dont mind kung may lalabas na bago Lancer next year. Akin naman hindi porma, but comfort and milage sa gas. Question ko meron pa kaya ito model na to after a few months once the 2008 model is released? Towards the end of the year ko pa kasi balak bumili medyo concerned lang ako baka i-phase out agad nila yun GLS pag nandyan na yun 2008 lancer.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i think if you wait for the new lancer. parts will still be rare since it has a new powerplant.

but the rigidity of the chassis is even more better than the EVO8!!!

I suggest that you wait for her. or the Colt.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    The US release of the 2008 Lancer is a 2.0 liter engine. Masyado malaki, I'm shying away from that. I'm even hesitant of the Civic kasi 1.8. Target ko talaga 1.6 lang kaya I'm really eyeing the current Lancer. Ayaw ko din naman ng Vios o Jazz. I kinda feel hindi ako safe sa liit ng chassis. Do you think Mitsubishi will still have the current model on sale kahit released na yun 2008 Lancer? Kahit man lang 3 to 6 months lang or until lahat ng stocks nila ubos na ok na siguro yun.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Ano ba milage ng 2007 Lancer, Altis 1.6, tsaka Civic 1.8?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by devdevlin View Post
    Ano ba milage ng 2007 Lancer, Altis 1.6, tsaka Civic 1.8?

im not sure about the specifics pero ang sure ko lang ang lancer 1.6 ay standard lang ang kain for its class (palagay ko mga 7-9 km/L city drv). in terms of the altis mas mataas ang efficiency, it can utilize a liter up to more than 10km. ang honda naman is 1.8 performance with the consumption of the standard 1.6 engine. im decided na, ill get the lancer nalng. competitive price talga sila e, at 800K ull get the top of the line na ng series ng model. unlike the others na 800K ay bottom dweller ka ng series.

i think if ever, the lancer will release the new one next year pa. baka nga abutin pa ng mid 2008. ewan ko lang.. magbakasakali ka nalng

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    di ba ang high end na lancer 1.6 yun MX? di ba nasa 830K yun?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by devdevlin View Post
    di ba ang high end na lancer 1.6 yun MX? di ba nasa 830K yun?
    ang high-end ng Lancer is the Lancer GT which has a 2.0Li 4G63 DOHC engine mated to an automatic transmission.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    700k - 800k budget? Avanza na yan!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    ang high-end ng Lancer is the Lancer GT which has a 2.0Li 4G63 DOHC engine mated to an automatic transmission.
    yup! the high-end of the lancer is the GT with 2.0 engine. i was referring to the 1.6 series that has the mx as the high-end.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2007 1.6 mitsubishi lancers