New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    come on guys. comparing an M3 and a Camry is silly
    both cars are not even in the same league.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    come on guys. comparing an M3 and a Camry is silly
    both cars are not even in the same league.
    oo nga naman. ang layo ng agwat ng Camry at Mazda 3.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Ramon View Post
    regardless of the the brand, which is more bang for the buck, specs and feature-wise? napaka-hirap kasing i-quantify ang comfort at "image" eh, masyado subjective...
    sa handling department: BMW 3-series > Camry

acceleration/straight line: dipende sa engine na gamit ng 3-series.

now if you were shopping in the US market.
    features: Camry > 3-series. mas maraming standard equipment ang Camry compared sa 3-series. yung nasa Camry, it's optional sa 3-series, which means you have to pay extra money to have them and the price difference between the two cars is almost $9,000 more on the BMW plus the optional equipment.

comfort: Camry > 3-series. since mas malaki yung Camry sa 3-series mas maluwag ang interior cabin mo, so you and your passengers have more leg room. and yung suspension ng 3-series ay stiffer (even without the sport suspension package).

bang-for-your-buck: Camry > BMW 3-series

prestige: it's subjective, but i'd give BMW the edge over Toyota.

it's not really a fair comparison since both cars don't compete in the same segment. how about we try Lexus IS series vs BMW 3-series sans M3? this should be a more fair comparison don't you guys think?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing View Post
    I remember suggesting this comparison a while back and now it's here, 6 pages long already. Anyway, I voted for the BMW. Sayang walang poll itong thread. People seems to comparing the price to the engine size, but even with the big difference in horsepower, who needs that much HP in the city? Kahit 316 lang sya, it still can go 160kph easy, and how often will you be going that fast anyway. Kung comfortable ride yun Camry, why do you say that the BMW is not as comfortable? I'm driving a 10 yr old car with stock suspension and 17' rims and I don't feel any discomfort at all. So ano yun kakaibang comfort na nafefeel nyo? Di pa ako actually naka drive ng camry but i'm not picking the 316 for its badge. If Sarao made jeeps this good then i'd hit that (well, maybe not the 20 passenger capacity one).

Maganda talaga yun camry, I've seen 2 already. The electronic guages are truly eye catching and the design is way better that the old model. A lot has been said about the BMW but it's really different when you've driven one already, but then again, I need to test drive the new camry.
    lol, niceeeeeeeeeee

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    If its a 3-series, at the very least, it should be a 325 para pwede na ren for speed. But if its not within reach, I would rather have a 3.5L Camry nalang.

For many who haven't had a chance to own a brand new Euro car yet, I'm guessing that the allure might be quite strong eventhough its just a base model variant. But I think this will wear off quickly especially if the prestige/looks doesn't have some performance to go with it.
    Last edited by ryan; November 16th, 2006 at 09:50 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Camry > 316

Camry <<< 330 or 325

mahal nga lang entry price ng bmws

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    I always go for inspired driving, and I want to stay in a BMW's cockpit more than in a Camry's. Not that I don't like the Camry, especially the new one co'z its really nice, I test driven one, but I'd still go with the BMW on this comparo, if it was a Lexus IS...now that's another matter.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For many who haven't had a chance to own a brand new Euro car yet, I'm guessing that the allure might be quite strong eventhough its just a base model variant. But I think this will wear off quickly especially if the prestige/looks doesn't have some performance to go with it.
    Well, that's true, if we're comparing the 3.5 Q with the base model 3, which costs about as much. I'm with the Camry on price here. If there'd be at least a slightly used 320 lurking in the price range, well, that'd be a diff story.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Well, that's true, if we're comparing the 3.5 Q with the base model 3, which costs about as much. I'm with the Camry on price here. If there'd be at least a slightly used 320 lurking in the price range, well, that'd be a diff story.

Oh sorry, I was actually referring to the E90 320. Meron pa pala 316 na ganun?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If we're stating "bang for the buck", Hyundai or Kia na yan...

But between the two, you get much more for your money with the Camry. And as an added bonus, it doesn't ride like the tin can most Japanese cars feel like compared to premium Euro cars... still not perfect, though.

Still, this is a very difficult question because of the size and trim difference of the two cars, as well as their differing missions and target audience.

A better comparo would be: Which would you buy for under 2m? A 1-series or a Subaru WRX?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2006 Toyota Camry vs. 2006 BMW 3 Series