New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chickeness View Post
    abbusive and harsh? com'on. just because ur level 2 .. what ever that means, ur "Feeling superior" already. u know who is arrogant here. the way u say things. im just explaining, and besides, i think u are a arrogant lad. i maybe swearing, but u guys find it funny. and sometimes rules has to be broken.

besides, who the hell in this world would believe there is a AMG camgear or Benz S55 that has ROTA wheels on it? and i think u guys are already pissed, cuz nomater what u say, i will defend that u cant compare BMW to camry, specially with benz/

i know ur pissed off but its true..
    Abusive:

Def. (adjective): Using or containing insulting or coarse language

Errh... calling me arrogant, old, illiterate (nothing wrong with being old, though... ) "feeling superior" and stupid.
    =
    insulting language
    =
    abusive
    =
    against tsikot rules and regulations.

-----

It's okay to post your opinions, but it's also in the rules and regulations that you must respect the opinions of others. And apparently, you don't.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    [SIZE=2]okay, here guys, i applogize, and i hope everything is okay with u, i pray that u dont go ballistic on me. im not a riceboy, nor richboy, im here to debate with camry and bmw./

and really, i hope u did had a good laugh with the "Rota thing" if not, well im stupid

PS:why do u have to compare bmw and camry. its alright if its Camry VS. Revo etc. but pls. not german cars.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]
    PS:why do u have to compare bmw and camry. its alright if its Camry VS. Revo etc. but pls. not german cars.
    [/SIZE]
    why naman ayaw mo german car vs others example: my thread german vs "posing american car"

[SIZE=2]okay, here guys, i applogize, and i hope everything is okay with u, i pray that u dont go ballistic on me. im not a riceboy, nor richboy, im here to debate with camry and bmw./

and really, i hope u did had a good laugh with the "Rota thing" if not, well im stupid
    [/SIZE]
    nagsorry naman na...pero kahit paano may violation parin...see above.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys,
    settle down please, this is just a simple comparo of sedans built by a japanese and german, asian and european manufacturer. german technology could be advance in some manner but the japanese are really catch up or in some aspect maybe at par with their european counterparts.

forgive me if i sound sarcastic, but why a camry and a bmw not a camry and a revo. this is a comparo between two sedans. let's put the record straight, a revo is an asian utility vehicle not a sedan. i haven't seen a comparo made between an suv and a sedan or a station wagon against a sports car, much more between a sedan and an auv.

let's get on with the discussion.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slicker_boi View Post
    Power-wise, Toyota wins again. 272-hp V6 against the top-spec 325i (we don't have 330i here) which is only around 225.
    BMW 330i has 258PS(255hp). Of course the BMW is RWD while the Camry V6 is FWD(torque steer, understeers).

Quote Originally Posted by slicker_boi View Post
    Price-wise, you can get the highest Camry model (3.5Q) at around the same amount as the lowest 3-Series model (316i).
    Camry V6 is P110K more...
    Because of AFTA(ASEAN Free Trade Area), the Thai built Camry is cheaper to import than the Euro luxury cars.

Quote Originally Posted by niky
    One question: How can a 316 and a 330 both be 50:50 in weight distribution, considering the difference of engine weight, hmmmmm....?
    They move stuff around like the Battery for example which is in the trunk on 6-cylinder models.

BMW 320i

vs
    Camry V6

Personal car that I would drive? I'd probably go for the more agile RWD 320i...

When Toyota decided to make a BMW 3-series fighter, they ended up with a car that costs almost the same as the equivalent 3-series, the Lexus IS.
    A base IS250 for example costs more than a top of the line Camry 3.5.
    Last edited by AG4; November 9th, 2006 at 10:14 PM.

kung tutuusin, dapat camry vs bmw 5...same level.

cost lang talaga ang basis dito.

ko, kung u'll end up sa 316i, sa camry nalang ako, practical ako,noh! not brand specific...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    CAMRY lalo na yung australian version na AURION SPORTS...danda

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    i respect your opinion, but the statement that you couldn't tell a significant difference between an A4 and an Altis/Corolla makes me :shocked:
    I was only talking about driving those cars, which has nothing to do with other factors like interior features and whatever sophistication. By the way, I tested a 1st gen A4 1.8T Tiptronic and an Altis 1.6E A/T. Obviously, the Audi wins in looks, interior quality, features and anything to do with luxury. But in such cars with much higher prices, what counts is the driving excitement. As I said earlier, it's just not something to write home about. True, it's a solid car to sit in, but then again, the ride is rock-solid as well. It's also FWD so not much drivetrain advantage over the usual Jap despite better chassis dynamics. Sure, it will handle better than the Altis, but it's no RWD German. And with all that change, you have more than enough to make the Toyota handle much better. Overall, driving the A4 is below my expectations; certainly not worth nearly 2 million (back then).

Maybe if you're lucky enough to drive newer A4s, you might want to share your thoughts. I've only gone as much as reading about them, but the verdict is that they're still not as pleasurable as BMWs. And if you read my opinion the so-called lowly 316i 8-valver, it's a completely different experience. I would have bought my friend's if I had the dough, and at that time, it cost twice as much as the faster Corolla. But with such great fun, a hefty sum is almost justifiable.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    I was only talking about driving those cars, which has nothing to do with other factors like interior features and whatever sophistication. By the way, I tested a 1st gen A4 1.8T Tiptronic and an Altis 1.6E A/T. Obviously, the Audi wins in looks, interior quality, features and anything to do with luxury. But in such cars with much higher prices, what counts is the driving excitement. As I said earlier, it's just not something to write home about. True, it's a solid car to sit in, but then again, the ride is rock-solid as well. It's also FWD so not much drivetrain advantage over the usual Jap despite better chassis dynamics. Sure, it will handle better than the Altis, but it's no RWD German. And with all that change, you have more than enough to make the Toyota handle much better. Overall, driving the A4 is below my expectations; certainly not worth nearly 2 million (back then).

Maybe if you're lucky enough to drive newer A4s, you might want to share your thoughts. I've only gone as much as reading about them, but the verdict is that they're still not as pleasurable as BMWs. And if you read my opinion the so-called lowly 316i 8-valver, it's a completely different experience. I would have bought my friend's if I had the dough, and at that time, it cost twice as much as the faster Corolla. But with such great fun, a hefty sum is almost justifiable.
    i understand and i wasn't challenging you at all. if audi didn't convince you that they justify the price premium they charge over toyota, then that's their loss. i also made an incorrect assumption that you were talking about a Quattro A4. my bad

in my own opinion, i do see the difference in driving dynamics, particularly with Quattro. my first new car was a 93 Corolla, and i've had pretty good seat time in the '97 - '00 A4's, back when i had an Audi dealer as a client. to make a long story short, i feel the Quattro's are more solid and more "planted" on the ground. FWD will be a different story though.

since you asked, i actually got a new ('06) A4 Avant for a few hours as a test drive when i was shopping for a car last year. it had the 3.0 V6, so it should have been comparable in power to my 330ci. but i have to say that the bimmer had a smoother, "better" power delivery, and the driving dynamics were not even close...even with awd vs rwd. so i will agree that the bmw still offers much better driving pleasure (i ended up not buying the A4 btw)

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    what planet are u from>>>
    we are in the PHILIPPINES (ASIA) okay? not in USA. OKAY? hear me LOUD!
    yummy for girls, and NO. I dont have a BMW, and for ur information, the word "bimmer" is people who lives in slang areas.

just letting u know, if u have no idea about the word "bimmer"
    call it BMW, okay?
    hahaha you are so rude!!! mukhang mabaBan ka ah.....

popcorn and pepsi please.....

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
2006 Toyota Camry vs. 2006 BMW 3 Series