New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by V8_killer View Post
    well guys if you just know na lexus is a toyota right its like the cream of
    the crop and i think if budgetwise i go for the camry its almost the same as bimmer when it comes in handling
    looka here looka here.....look who's here....have you driven a camry???? how can you honestly say it handles closely to bmw? i've driven a Lexus ES as a loaner car when i had my car serviced and let me tell you the ES handled like a boat. it is nowhere near a bimmer. maybe the handling is close to a benz e-class (yeah these are boats too! face it merc fanboys), but it is no where near a bimmer!

Quote Originally Posted by V8_killer View Post
    and if you want to buy a car with the best handling on the market and want to do 160 on the winding road go with the 2006 mitsubishi evo the car has the best handling ride i ever drove i guess you guys got to try one so youll know how it feels like
    you amuse me! i think you should be working for mitsubishi. daig mo pa ang marketing department nila tsong!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    1st: The Camry I was talking about wasn't the newly-released one, the one I rode in was a high-mileage privately owned previous version, and yes, it was very comfortable. Almost as solid in feel as a German car, and merely lacking that last bit of suspension tuning and compliance, as well as a little of that solidness. Oh, and old f*cked up Camrys? Still pretty solid feeling.

2nd: My uncle owns a bunch of these luxury cars, used his nice 420SEL for my wedding, simply because my cousin used the Jaguar for his, and we didn't want to use the same car for two weddings just a week apart. He's got an S550, an XJR and a 735... oh, and an S-Type. Obviously, I'm not rich enough to own any of these, that's why I drive a Ford...

While the Merc may have it all over the Camry in terms of that solid bank-vault feeling and the quality of leather and interior materials (Camry wood grain simply isn't the same as Merc...), the Camry, like I said, gives you 90% of the luxury that you actually need.

Heck, of all his luxury cars (merc, bimmer, jag, lincoln navigator, escalade, etcetera...), the car of his I like riding in most is his Ford E150. Tons more space than any of the sedans or SUVs, the ride is acceptable, the aircon is cold, and it's great family/barkada vehicle for outings. He must have thought the same thing... this is his second E150.

Driving? The Jag, but the way I drive, I'm afraid I'd wreck it... and he probably is, too... doesn't ever offer me a test drive, even though everyone else in the family has, already. Hehehe.

3rd: I've ridden in lots of luxury cars... not driven many, not too interested in driving SUVs and limos... and I've driven, oh, about 20 different vehicles in the past year alone, tons of midsizers and compacts, oh, and yes, really crappy cars like Crosswinds, Charades (oh, not crappy per se, crappy condition, maybe...) and Cimarrons (long live the Cimarron!)... and in general, I've been impressed in the improvement of mid-priced Japanese branded cars. It's quite something to see. Oh, and Koreans? The new Japanese, these guys. Not as refined as the mainstream manufacturers, but they offer good features for the price.

I'm dubious about the "luxury" of such "premium" cars as the Fortuner and Alterra (not really luxurious, just big), but recent drives and rides in Accords and Camrys have been eye openers. They're tons more refined than the older models, and while you won't attract stares and wows from the high-class crowd, so the hell what? You get to work and get home relaxed and refreshed.

Hell, you could get the same thing in the Cefiro, but it's too old, and the suspension is too "American" (floaty) for me. The old Galant? A bit stiff. Nice, sporty handling, but not as luxurious as the current Accord, Camry or Galant (the new Galant is quite nice). I used to drive a 626, too. Suspension was stiff, but very well-controlled. That was my "old f***ed up car", and yes, it drove and rode very well, despite having a floppy gearshift (which it wouldn't have had if it were an auto).

And 4rd? You must mean 4th: Rich people actually care about fuel consumption, too. If you're not buying a car to drag race, why spend so much for gas? A V8 is worth at least another full round of Lattes at Starbucks in terms of gas consumption versus a "measly" V6 or I6.

-----

Want crap plastic... rap your knuckles on the steering wheel of the Z4. Yup... it's not real aluminum. I'll admit, it does look nice, though.

-----

And you don't have to lower your verbal/linguistic standards and skill sets to my level. Last time I checked, I'm pretty sure I had at least 140 IQ points. Might be less, now... No need to put anything "crudely" on my account.

Nick, don't argue with people who are more concerned with brand image. no matter how hard you try to convince them that their beloved badge is not the best car out there, they would still think you are on crack. for example, there are some people who drive benz/bimmers/audis who still look down on lexus, 'cuz the parent company is Toyota even though the materials, fit, finish, and reliability are more superior than that of a benz/bimmer/audi.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    Nick, don't argue with people who are more concerned with brand image. no matter how hard you try to convince them that their beloved badge is not the best car out there, they would still think you are on crack. for example, there are some people who drive benz/bimmers/audis who still look down on lexus, 'cuz the parent company is Toyota even though the materials, fit, finish, and reliability are more superior than that of a benz/bimmer/audi.
    Well... that's for Lexus... there are fitment issues with the Camry dash...

It's just that I don't take kindly to people telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when I actually do. It's okay if they tell me I don't and I actually don't... :hysterical: ---nag-a-apoligize nga ako ng minsan kung ganyan.

Oh... good pick... Camry handling like a Bimmer... bwahahaha!!! Didn't notice that... How can a Camry handle like a Bimmer when it can't even handle like an Accord?!?
    Last edited by niky; November 9th, 2006 at 01:34 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chickeness View Post
    Sigh: Let me see if I understand this generally and I shall say it very crudely

Just because u test drive a new camry doesnt mean its already luxury OR relaxing.
    and its ur own opinion. ""In your BOOK""

1st. Its NEW, any car that is new feels relaxing.
    Try driving a old f*** up car and see if it is relaxing
    2nd, u must try both benz and camry and see how big is there gAP in terms of relaxing/comfort.
    3rd. maybe in ur life, u drive a jeep, owner, corola or a ford, u probably never driven a galant, cefiro, camry or any mid-class luxury. thats why it feels relaxing.
    4rd. when u buy a Camry, its obvious that ur rich in phils or u have a great job, so why spend 2 million peses for a car that u dont even have money to buy a gas?????????

i forgot to mention that it "LOOKS AND FEELS like a topnotch.?" it only looks and feels topnotch, yeah watever, its still cheap plastic material crap compared to the bmw and bens
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    have you driven the new Camry or a recent Camry? Have you driven a comparably priced Merc? I like to engage in "bench" racing as much as the other guy (bench racing involves arguing endlessly about cars neither racer owns or can afford), but I've actually done this. Yes, there is a gap, but in my opinion, if you want a comfy car, the Camry is enough.
    i was going to type the same thing as niky just said.... have you followed your own advice, chicken-boy (girl?) ? have YOU driven a new Camry for enough time to criticize it? do you own a Benz or have driven one for an extended period of time? just checking.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ^^ no she hasn't, 'cuz she drives a nissan.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by chickeness View Post
    Nissan 350Z : 2007
    All stock

Mercedes Bens S55
    Mods: AMG Camgear
    AMG LSD
    AMG 8-4-2 headers
    Rota 19" Racing wheels
    Chickeness drives an AMG C55, with 19" ROTAs.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...907#post689907

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    kaya pala galit na galit sya ng ikumpara yung Camry sa Benz...:lol: :lol: kasi nakakainsulto sa kanyang status symbol...:lol:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, i think i would take the Mercedes Bens S55 over the Camry

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Especially with AMG Cam Gears.

And don't forget the ROTA wheels... ...must've cost quite a lot to convert the S55 to Japanese hubs and offsets...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    afaik, wala yatang nabibiling "AMG Cam Gears" na aftermarket na binebenta ng AMG.....

AMG is the inhouse performance division ng Benz, so what they sell you off the floor is what you get. no such thing as "AMG Cam Gears" as an option nor as an aftermarket part..correct me if i'm wrong.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
2006 Toyota Camry vs. 2006 BMW 3 Series