New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don't be so quick to declare the camry a winner in the performance war. one of the big mags (C&D yata) tested the E90 325 at a bit over 6 seconds 0-60 and 14.7 secs in the quarter mile. i honestly find this data hard to believe, since my E46 330 tests at about 6-6.5 0-60 :shocked: but this is a reputable car tester. i googled a camry road test, and Edmunds tested the 3.5 V6 XLE at between 6.5 to 7.1

i'm not ready to declare the E90 the winner in the quarter mile on this limited data, but at least you have to say that the Camry will not walk away from the bimmer. on the road course, i would put my money on the bimmer as well, with its superior handling and (i hear) more aggressive gearing. the previous gen Camry is a cushy land yacht, and wouldn't do too well in the corners unless you extensively modified the suspension and brakes. is the new gen much different?

value for money, the Camry definitely wins. 325i's here can easily hit $40-45K, which is absolutely ridiculous. the V6 Camry is about $30K by comparison.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slicker_boi View Post
    Price-wise, you can get the highest Camry model (3.5Q) at around the same amount as the lowest 3-Series model (316i).

Size-wise, the Camry is about the same dimensions as the 5-Series, while the 3-Series is roughly as big as an Altis.

Power-wise, Toyota wins again. 272-hp V6 against the top-spec 325i (we don't have 330i here) which is only around 225. The 2.4 4-cylinder Camry has 170 hp while the 2-liter 320i has 150.

Handling is where the BMW finally edges ahead. Its RWD platform and sophisticated chassis materials obviously beat the Camry's FWD and quite ordinary suspension. But ride is very good in the Camry, almost like a Mercedes. The 3-Series has a bit firmer setup but still very acceptable.

Another factor where the 3-Series wins is in fun-to-drive. BMWs always offer great driving pleasure. The Camry should be better than its predecessors, but nowhere near BMW in terms of excitement.

So to sum it up, the Camry obviously wins in space, performance and value, but the 3-Series is a more involving drive.
    read the red highlight.
    NO WAY! TOYOTA will be TOYOTA. There is no way in this world Camry will have the "ALMOST" same ride as benz. Even if u compare it with C-Class or any lower class of Benz. Not Even Close to 1/2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^you'd be surprised. the new top of the line Camrys are basically identical to Lexus ES-class cars. when i drove those cars the ride feels silky smooth, it soaks up bumps as well as any entry level luxury car, and has very comfortable appointments.

i still prefer the benz's solid ride and interior appointments, but the ride is really not that far off, imo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Camry and BMW? Come on. If someone will give you lets say 2.5 million pesos,
    and you have 2 car OPTIONS to choose? what will it be?

BMW 3. No doubt!!!!!!!

CAMRY - NORMAL/ORDINARY
    BMW - ELITE/SPECIAL , YUMMY!

PS. and camry has this Cheap plastic interiour look.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the japs have come a long way

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I chose the Camry 3.5Q and the change I bought a Getz crdi. Iguess now I have a land yacht and a go cart.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by patabihon View Post
    I chose the Camry 3.5Q and the change I bought a Getz crdi. Iguess now I have a land yacht and a go cart.

HELLO??? CAnt u READ??? 2 OPTIONS ONLY!!!!
    CAMRY AND BMW, NOTHING ELSE!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chickeness View Post
    HELLO??? CAnt u READ??? 2 OPTIONS ONLY!!!!
    CAMRY AND BMW, NOTHING ELSE!
    no need to be rude man, this is a friendly discussion.

besides, his point is that for the price of a bimmer, pwede ka nang bumili ng camry at may pang-Getz ka pa sa sukli

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    korek.. kung wala ka nang pang gas ng camry mo.. mag gets ka!!

tanong lang.. parehas ba ng engine ung v6 na rav at v6 na camry??

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    well guys if you just know na lexus is a toyota right its like the cream of
    the crop and i think if budgetwise i go for the camry its almost the same as bimmer when it comes in handling and if you want to buy a car with the best handling on the market and want to do 160 on the winding road go with the 2006 mitsubishi evo the car has the best handling ride i ever drove i guess you guys got to try one so youll know how it feels like

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
2006 Toyota Camry vs. 2006 BMW 3 Series