New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJazz View Post
    Sa panahon ngayon, after sales service na ang labanan. So I would strongly advise you to consider the dealership which you will buy your car from. I think Nissan wins over Chevrolet since mas matagal na sila sa market.

Ako, nagsisi at sa Honda Libis ako bumili. After sales service is really really bad.
    agree ako sa sinabi mo "after sales service na ang labanan"

pero i don't think nakukuha iyun quality of service sa patagalan tsong... nasa abilidad iyan, kahit umabot na sila ng mahigit na 20 taon eh tulad ng nasabi ng iba diyan na mayrood dealership na dinadaya at ginogoyo nila ang kanilang customer...

ikaw din nagsabi na nagsisisi sa honda libis... eh mas matagal na sila diyan kaysa sa chevy libis... diba...

hindi lahat ng dealership pare pareho pag dating sa quality of service...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I heard na mas gas guzzler and optra compared to sentra. Any confirmation?

but on the side note optra can hit 220km/h at star toll according to my office mate who owns a optra 1.6(m/t)

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Get a Sentra, IMO it gets the overall advantage over an Optra. Ganda pa ng mga deals na offer ng Nissan ngayon.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My vote goes for Sentra.
    Why?
    Early release of the Optra I've read several issues about this car. One common problem is the alternator which will give way usually within 1 year, and if my memory serves me right someone mentioned here in this forum that Optra alternator costs P35k... must be under warranty... pano na lang kung out of warranty na?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    base on specs. sheet mas madaming features and optra specially sa safety department(drivers airbag, abs, rear disc brake, key immobilizer, six speakers w/ cd changer)

sa sentra auto climate lang ang features niya

haay ang hirap pumili?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    I heard na mas gas guzzler and optra compared to sentra. Any confirmation?

but on the side note optra can hit 220km/h at star toll according to my office mate who owns a optra 1.6(m/t)
    Must be an uncalibrated speedometer. I paced an Optra on the NLEX a while back, and he ran out of steam at around 170-180 km/h. For a modern 1100 kg or so car (the approximate weight of the Optra), you'd need at least 130-140 hp to get to 210 km/h. Not even my Lynx RS can do 220 km/h stock (I need a full IHE modification to do it). The only stock 1.6 Japanese car that can hit 220 is a Civic SiR.

And even then, when we took a trip to the racetrack, the guy who I convoyed with, driving an SiR, lost momentum at the same speed I did, around 210 km/h. It takes a long time for the SiR to get up to 220 km/h. I'm sure of the speed because I've checked my speedometer against kilometer markers (my speedometer is actually slow) and the RS (as per factory specs) redlines at just over 220 km/h.

The Optra 1.6 should top out at 180-190 km/h. Most 100-120 hp 1.6 compacts hit an aerodynamic brick wall at around 190 - 200 km/h.

----

As for gas guzzler, depends. The first generation Optras were undeniably gas guzzlers, but the new ECU programming gives them average to better than average fuel economy. Nissan fuel economy is average to below average, depending on the model and transmission.
    Last edited by niky; August 29th, 2006 at 02:10 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sentra GSX i-Style na lang

P730000

All the additions to the I-Style come at no additional cost.

*GSX has color coordinated jersey fabric seating upholstery.

The Sentra I-Style will be powered by the 1.6-liter QG16DE engine with Nissan’s Variable Timing Control (VTC) that produces 116PS at 6,000 rpm and 14.9 kg-m of torque at 4,400 rpm. Aside from providing adequate power, the QG16DE engines are known for their superior running smoothness.

All Sentra I-Styles are also equipped with an Automatic Climate Control System, and 15-inch alloy rims for the GS and 14-inch alloys for the GSX.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm always having daydreams about he Sentra GX 1.3 A/T na all power. Ang babaw ko ba?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not really, ang ganda ng interior ng Sentra, eh. If you don't mind what other people see, and concentrate on what you see, it's not a bad choice.

Basta, wag yung matic na 1.3... walang hatak!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Kahit yung MT na 1.3 walang hatak! Tapos wala pang sidemirror joystick adjuster, kailangan pang buksan ang windows!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2006 Sentra 1.6(gsx m/t) or Optra  1.6(m/t)