New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Diesel SUVs / PPVs do not have good value when buying used ... they have high resale values so there's not much depreciation ... Planning to get a Ford Everest, the Subaru Forester is just an interim vehicle while waiting ... Also considering the Mazda CX-5 but there's the transmission failure issue that's hounding it ...
    wag ka na bumili ng subaru. force subaru to sell diesel cars dito sa philippnes

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    How much do you love replacing head gaskets?

Head gaskets? Subaru Forester or the Mitsubishi Pajero V6?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    When I looked at the Forester ads in Olx, I noticed that the market price for the 2.0X and 2.5XT are almost the same! Did you see this one? 2�1� Subaru Forester XT turbo variant for sale | *******

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

TOTL variants of most vehicles depreciate faster ... look at 2012 Ford Explorer 3.5 and 2.0 ... People who buy used are looking for something cheap to acquire and cheap to maintain ... TOTL variants sometimes have larger engines and consume more fuel plus additional maintenance cost ...

That ad is for a 2010 pre-facelift Subaru Forester XT ... if buying an SH Forester best to get 2011 2012 facelifted model ... they get the newer FB20 engine which is also being used by the current gen Forester ...
    Last edited by Walter; April 8th, 2017 at 09:49 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Looks like you've made up your mind. Which reminds me, my boss uses his xtrail to plow through his farm heheh.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^AFAIK only the current gen has the 2.0 turbo engine. This is a facelifted 2012 SH and its still a 2.5 http://www.*******/item/2012-subaru-f...o-ID7SpH9.html

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    😆😆 Pampagulo lang since you mentioned that this is an interim vehicle and that you are getting a new Everest soon.

http://www.*******/item/2007-suzuki-g...1-ID7TQWS.html 2.7V6 engine, 4x4, proper ladder frame chassis, seems to be in good condition and at only 300+k. Since you spent less getting this, you'd be getting your new Everest sooner...?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    😆😆 Pampagulo lang since you mentioned that this is an interim vehicle and that you are getting a new Everest soon.

http://www.*******/item/2007-suzuki-g...1-ID7TQWS.html 2.7V6 engine, 4x4, proper ladder frame chassis, seems to be in good condition and at only 300+k. Since you spent less getting this, you'd be getting your new Everest sooner...?

saw one on the road. with a v6 emblem and im like wtf... but damn it really does come with a v6🤣

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    2006 Mitsubishi Pajero CK 3.8 V6 108T kms 550T
    2012 Subaru Forester 2.0 50T kms 620T

For use as a work vehicle going to farm areas with seasonal muddy roads ... just light offroading ... 300-500 kms weekly drive ... 20% city drive, 70% highway, 10% farm roads ...

How is the driving dynamics of the Pajero CK on road? ... How is the highway fuel consumption of the 3.8 liter V6? ... the main concern with the Subaru Forester is the maintenance cost and the parts availability ...

What do you think guys (and gals)? ...

If you are not cost-conscious, take the Pajero any day. But if you are practical, consider a diesel with a higher ground clearance than the Forester's.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Apologies for the barge in but anyone here know where I can get Subaru Forester suspension parts aside from CASA. I was told the lower A arm of my Forester needs to be imported from Japan and the price is quite high
    2006 Mitsubishi Pajero CK 3.8 V6 108T kms 550T
    2012 Subaru Forester 2.0 50T kms 620T

For use as a work vehicle going to farm areas with seasonal muddy roads ... just light offroading ... 300-500 kms weekly drive ... 20% city drive, 70% highway, 10% farm roads ...

How is the driving dynamics of the Pajero CK on road? ... How is the highway fuel consumption of the 3.8 liter V6? ... the main concern with the Subaru Forester is the maintenance cost and the parts availability ...

What do you think guys (and gals)? ...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004

27 Suzuki Grand Vitara alt 29 21 211 | ******* 2.7V6 engine, 4x4, proper ladder frame chassis, seems to be in good condition and at only 300+k. Since you spent less getting this, you'd be getting your new Everest sooner...?

Hmmmmm ... worth considering ... cheaper than the Pajero V6 ... but the driving dynamics of this one is not so good ... is it?

*Stockengine ... yeah, it came with a V6 before ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast