New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kpy555 View Post
    Thank you guys for the reply. My wife currently drives a Sorento CRDi and it's really a good value SUV.

*GTi, I have looked into and test drove a neighbor's new Santa Fe and it feels very much like the Sorento. I would like something different.

I'm used to driving big rigs so no problem - except perhaps in parking, that's why I thought of getting a smaller CUV.

Any estimate how much fuel the Forester XT consumes in city driving?
    The Ranger has a waiting list. Can you wait that long? And then again, I wouldn't want to be bringing one and squeezing it in tight mall parking spaces without the aid of a backup camera.

The Forester XT uses a 2.5L turbocharged gasoline engine with a matic tranny. Even a 2.5L n/a gasoline engine gives poor gas mileage. From what I hear from friends who had the old FXT, it has as much power as and drinks like a large V6, which is to say at the vicinity of 4-6km/L city depending on traffic conditions and driving style. The new one may have some improvement, but I doubt it would be much.

Is fuel consumption a big factor for you? How many people would typically be riding?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    AFAIK 2.0L na yun new Forester XT. Same engine na yun ng Toyota 86 at Subaru BRZ. CVT na rin transmission so expect better FC.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Me and Wifey finally decided to get a Santa Fe next year. Ipon mode now.

I checked out the new Forester and it's a bit tight in the rear. I observed that the Santa Fe is wider a bit.

On the Ranger, I'm quite worried about parts availability. Some mechanic friends did not recommend it. As per experience and opinions of friends, Hyundai parts may be easier to find given the number of Korean Car Parts stores available here in Manila.

The RAV4 is pleasing to the eye but we found the Santa Fe more attractive. Feature-wise, the Santa Fe is more loaded and the interior is just fantastic.

I thought I skipped the Santa Fe but in the end, we will hopefully end up with it. The light brown shade is a plus too!

Thanks for all the advice Tsikoteers!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kpy555 View Post
    Me and Wifey finally decided to get a Santa Fe next year. Ipon mode now.

I checked out the new Forester and it's a bit tight in the rear. I observed that the Santa Fe is wider a bit.

On the Ranger, I'm quite worried about parts availability. Some mechanic friends did not recommend it. As per experience and opinions of friends, Hyundai parts may be easier to find given the number of Korean Car Parts stores available here in Manila.

The RAV4 is pleasing to the eye but we found the Santa Fe more attractive. Feature-wise, the Santa Fe is more loaded and the interior is just fantastic.

I thought I skipped the Santa Fe but in the end, we will hopefully end up with it. The light brown shade is a plus too!

Thanks for all the advice Tsikoteers!
    Good choice bro! Nai-stun ako sa sta fe everytime may dumadaan eh.

Meron din naman nabibilhan ng ford parts, like mazford banawe. And banaweonline ng FCP. plus meron pa rin ata yung 24hour parts na promo ng ford, kapag wala pa within 24hours magiging free na lang siya. Tanong tanong ka na lang sa mga SA nila. Hehe.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks sa advice Bro!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12