New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Starex ako, i used to own a starex 99 model i sell it for 350,000 i bought now a montero pero parang kumportable ako sa starex, kaya nga gusto kong i swap sa starex montero ko

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Me too. I own a Hyundai Starex and I wont trade it for something else. Unless its a BMW he heh

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    [SIZE=5]That's a ridiculous and ignorant statement. Now who'd want to keep a pathetic starex over anything else? The Honda Odessey will kick that starex's ass anyday, anytime, anywhere. [/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the bottom line is, the starex is a ****ing minivan. And minivans are only for soccer moms scooting their bratty kids to school or to the local soccer game. Minivans suck and are totally UNCOOL. For a real guy to drive around in a minivan is an infringement upon their manhood. Sorry to step on the toes of those "guys" who love minivans...unless youre a soccer mom. LMFAO

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think its more ridiculous to believe a statement obviously written in humour. But that's just me.

Ang sakit mo naman magsalita. Starex? Pathetic?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    just get an SUV (and not a ****ing AUV either). Sa dinami dami ng Land Cruiser, Patrol, X5, Touraeg, Explorer, Expedition, Navigator, Aviator, CRV, Pilot, 4runner, my god.....the list could take all day. I just dont get it why anybody would want to settle for a god-forsaken minivan over an SUV. Have a little self-respect.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Um, because not all of us are rich and can afford such luxuries? Wake up. Face reality. Mahirap talaga ang buhay ngayon. Yung ipambibili ko ng fancy SUV, ipapakain ko na lang sa pamilya ko or ipangpapaaral sa anak. This is not the 'other' forum full of college kids with deep pockets and big bank accounts. There's nothing shameful about driving something basic and austere.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    I think its more ridiculous to believe a statement obviously written in humour. But that's just me.

Ang sakit mo naman magsalita. Starex? Pathetic?

Well, sorry to hurt your feelings people. But #1, I just dont see the "flash appeal" of owning a minivan. #2, the starex is a diesel burner. Yes, its got a turbo charger. But any diesel powered auto willing to compete with gas-fed motors should have one. But then agaIN, in the Starex's case, its a wimp. Among minivans, if you really have to get one, take the Honda Odyssey. All the luxury features you would only find in a lear jet, 244-hp 3.5 litre GAS engine, 24 valve, i-VTEC, Michelin Run-Flat tech tires, power everything, stock 360-watt 7 speaker soundsystem + subwoofer, XM satellite radio, etc.etc. Now....what was that again about the Starex?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    that's irrelevant. the local price for the honda odyssey is like 1.8M plus.
    granted, that's within shouting distance of a 1.4M starex, but that's still very substantial.

we ain't in jersey here.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    and don't get me started on the expedition, which costs 2.8M over here.

how can you compare a starex with an expedition which costs twice as much? sure you'll feel a lot more "macho" in the exped. but still..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
2005 -Isuzu XUVi Crosswind or Hyundai Starex