New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Plan to buy a 2nd hand good quality car and i saw some ads na pasok sa budget ko which is around 250k na 2002 Toyota Altis 1.6 a/t and 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer MX 1.6 a/t. Same asking price of 260k. Ano kaya mas ok between the 2 cars?

And also meron din pala ako nakita na 2005 Ford Lynx gsi a/t for 200k. Pero madami kasi ako nakikita bad feedback regarding sa lynx pero is it worth it na din to consider dahil sa price?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Meron din ako nakikita na 2002 altis 1.8 a/t na around 260k din pero baka makunsumo na masyado sa gas pag 1.8?

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Depende sa condition ng car. Ung mx na mitsubihi alam ko may pioneer na touch screen yan saka leather seat pero maliit sya compared sa altis. Ska ung mx may shiftronic although magagana features nito because of age baka may sira na kaya check ng mabuti. For ease of maintenance and comfort lamang naman ung altis pero both silang maganda. In the long run mas gusto ko ung altis depende sa condition he he

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I'd get the Altis. Although I really prefer the MX features and amenities. The 1st gen Cedia body MX didn't come with ABS.

Although it has leather, Cellphone compatible-VCD/LCD thing HU and more importantly (at least for me) an independent rear suspension. Be wary of old CVTs, their relatively new tech here and most mechanics aren't pretty much familiar with them. Most are belt driven (in case of Honda and Mitsu which snaps) rather than chain driven (like Nissan's Xtroid or Mazda's Toroidal CVT)too.

Get the Altis 1.6G. Fairly decent content, FC and more conventional, easier to maintain mechanicals (torsion beam suspension, conventional matic).

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    +1 2002 Altis ... back when Toyota was the most desired car in the world

I'd also get the Altis. My lola had one and still regrets the day she got rid of.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd get the Altis, provided it's in good condition. It just feels like it's a class above the similarly-aged Cedia Lancer, even in MX trim.

The 1.6G had a pretty good feature set. I was never a fan of the 9th gen's interior, but objectively speaking, it feels better built than an MX Cedia's.

Both don't feel very inspiring to drive though.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would also go for the altis.... its a toyota....
    more reliable and higher resale value.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Nakita ko na yung altis may ingay na makina. Yung lancer ok pa smooth engine. But i saw a 2004 toyota vios 1.5 variant asking 290k slightly negotiable. If matawaran pa at ok pa good buy na din kaya?

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Pag maingay na pre timing chain un dont buy it better buy vios nalang